John Deere Gator Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 835r and the rear shocks are making noise. I originally took it back to the dealer and after keeping it a couple days they said there was nothing they could do and the noise was the gas shocks. Lately it seems to be getting louder or my patients has got shorter. Any idea on how to quiet them up. It seems to be coming from the adjustment bushing. Thanks
I purchased a new 835R as well. My suspension sounds like a pet shop full of small birds. It is coming from front and rear. There must be some kind of adjustment available. Ton of dough for sure and I had to put the snorkel on to keep the air filter clean. A couple of significant issues that seem JD should address.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I think they follow the corporate strategy - more problems equate to greater profits.

Warranty period is extremely short relative to other transportation products and very difficult or a hassle to take issues in under warrant. There’s the inconvenience of trailering, perhaps distance along with the “it’s normal” or “your abusing the vehicle” excuse from dealer to deny warranty. Owners are then forced to fix themselves but they have a monopoly on replacement parts that are priced freely without completion. They win on reduced warranty expense and when the customer needs to purchase replacement parts when they are the only game in town.

If they truly were a customer centric company a number of issues would be addressed over the years.

Good luck in getting your issue resolved. No suspension component is designed to produce noise. While it may be normal it is far from design intent.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts