John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by my brother who went to his local JD dealership yesterday that there is a fuel injector recall? He was told all dealers were told to stop sales immediately of the RSX. It was explained to him that the fuel injector was experiencing a failure where it's seal was not holding and had the potential to leak gas on a hot engine. I am not mechanically savy so please excuse that primitive explanation.

Does anyone have confirmation of this? We are in the market for a new SxS and had been interested in the RSX. The service technician also said that engine vibration was also causing many items to rattle and loosen.

Sounds like first year kinks have to be worked out on this machine?

·
Administrator
82 Posts
there are kinks with every new model if this is true its good to hear that JD is stepping up and taking action =]]

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yes there is a PIP on the fuel lines where it meets the injector. They have suspended all sales until they recieve the kit and installed it on all RSXs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like to Me that JD is stepping up to the plate and doing needed repairs on their own before customers start complaing.
I really like the way JD is treating their customers.If JD keeps on doing business this way,I'll be switching to a new RSX850i in a year or so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm wondering who all has the new Gator RSX850i and if the machines are just hipe or are they gonna be the machine to buy in the future.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The have a PiP out on the fuel line clamps where the line meets the injector. My dealer has it now and is installing it on the 2 RSX's they have on the lot and the one I am buying. There is also another PiP out for the door striker. They are breaking. Some ppl are fixing them with a grade 8 bolt, but JD has came out with a PiP. As soon as the PiPs are done on mine, I am goin to sign the papers on it and bring it home.

They ride great, have good cab room, and have a pepey motor. It has amazing acceleration. I think John Deere is getting there feet wet with the recreational with this machine. I have heard there is more to come down the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The have a PiP out on the fuel line clamps where the line meets the injector. My dealer has it now and is installing it on the 2 RSX's they have on the lot and the one I am buying. There is also another PiP out for the door striker. They are breaking. Some ppl are fixing them with a grade 8 bolt, but JD has came out with a PiP. As soon as the PiPs are done on mine, I am goin to sign the papers on it and bring it home.

They ride great, have good cab room, and have a pepey motor. It has amazing acceleration. I think John Deere is getting there feet wet with the recreational with this machine. I have heard there is more to come down the road.
Thanks for answering,congratulatons on the purchase.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have had seat problems, dealer fixed 2 nd time and did a nice burn out on my rear tires you can see the rubber that was peeled off! There was a 850i in the shop stripped to the bone looking for a noise they said, Then told me not to use my gator and Maybe in a Month they may have a fixing for the fuel issue. On my 150 mile trip the doors rattle so much It drove me crazy. I tried to strap them closed with hd straps no luck.
And every time I get something fixed or told it was Fixed AT Fillmore John Deere in MI I never get a print out of what was done. Also Had Whole Front Diff Replaced For A Crack Found in one of the spots a bolt holds it in place. Now 16.000 $ sits in my garage.
Check out my NEW LED 30" light Bar by RigId lighting unbelievably Bright , And my LED strobes for plowing on You Tube RyanBentele22 subscribe and see all new Mods

·
Registered
89 Posts
recall
It's not fuel injectors
It's wear a fuel line lays
Fix is 2 zip ties and a sheild
I'll get pics soon as I just dropped men off for the repair today

·
Registered
904 Posts
recall
It's not fuel injectors
It's wear a fuel line lays
Fix is 2 zip ties and a sheild
I'll get pics soon as I just dropped men off for the repair today
Sorry, my dealer was misinformed at first. All the PiP is a wire loom and one insulated clamp that you bolt up. They also had new strikers on my doors also.

If you adjust the rubber deals under the strikers that will help the door rattle.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Have had seat problems, dealer fixed 2 nd time and did a nice burn out on my rear tires you can see the rubber that was peeled off! There was a 850i in the shop stripped to the bone looking for a noise they said, Then told me not to use my gator and Maybe in a Month they may have a fixing for the fuel issue. On my 150 mile trip the doors rattle so much It drove me crazy. I tried to strap them closed with hd straps no luck.
And every time I get something fixed or told it was Fixed AT Fillmore John Deere in MI I never get a print out of what was done. Also Had Whole Front Diff Replaced For A Crack Found in one of the spots a bolt holds it in place. Now 16.000 $ sits in my garage.
Check out my NEW LED 30" light Bar by RigId lighting unbelievably Bright , And my LED strobes for plowing on You Tube RyanBentele22 subscribe and see all new Mods
Nice Mods!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts