John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and regards from beyond the pond. First of all thanks to Neil for activating my account.

Now some infos about me. I'm owner of some John Deere and LANZ tractors (and gardentractors) and bought yesterday my first GATOR - a XUV 550.

I've been looking for a gator several years, but never found "the right one". This year in march, my JD dealer called me and said, he has a HPX for me. But it was very expensive and not very comfortable.
But than he invited me for one more off road test - and I purchased my first XUV.

Please let me be a lurker for the first time - I've to learn very much new things (and please excuse my german english).

Wolfgang

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the Gator Club!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glad to have you!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Gutentag Wolfgang,

Your English is fine. It's certainly better than my German.:)

I'm not familiar with Felsberg. I lived in Germany while in the Army in 1969 to 1971. I lived at Pforzheim, between Stuttgart & Karlsruhe and also at Hanau, a suburb of Frankfurt. I made it around the old West Germany quite a bit and love the country and the people.

In the early 2,000's I did quite a lot of business travel to Germany, but never went anywhere beyond the boundaries of the old West Germany.

I'm a John Deere guy too, with a small Ranch on the Red River in Northeast Texas. Almost all my equipment is green and yellow.

Keep in touch and let us know how the Gator does for you. Mine is an 825i that has exhibited lots of clutch problems. I expect the 550 will be more reliable for you.

Doc

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm not familiar with Felsberg. I lived in Germany while in the Army in 1969 to 1971. I lived at Pforzheim, between Stuttgart & Karlsruhe and also at Hanau, a suburb of Frankfurt. I made it around the old West Germany quite a bit and
I lived in Schweinfurt from 1962-1965 when I was a kid. My dad was in the Army. We did some traveling and recall the circus and Oktoberfest they have nearby.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gutentag Wolfgang,

I'm not familiar with Felsberg. I lived in Germany while in the Army in 1969 to 1971. I lived at Pforzheim, between Stuttgart & Karlsruhe and also at Hanau, a suburb of Frankfurt. I made it around the old West Germany quite a bit and love the country and the people.

In the early 2,000's I did quite a lot of business travel to Germany, but never went anywhere beyond the boundaries of the old West Germany.

I'm a John Deere guy too, with a small Ranch on the Red River in Northeast Texas. Almost all my equipment is green and yellow.

Keep in touch and let us know how the Gator does for you. Mine is an 825i that has exhibited lots of clutch problems. I expect the 550 will be more reliable for you.

Doc
Thank you for the welcome, Doc.

Felsberg is a little town, 90 miles north of Frankfurt and 15 miles south of Kassel.

Before I purchased the 550, I drove the 825i, too. It was to loud and the 550 is more amply. I want the 550 to visit fairs and to go fishing - just for fun and so I think, the 550 is perfect for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I lived in Schweinfurt from 1962-1965 when I was a kid. My dad was in the Army. We did some traveling and recall the circus and Oktoberfest they have nearby.
Hi Al, Schweinfurt is only 80 miles away from me . This time I pass it weekly when I drive to a site near Nuremberg.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Gutentag Wolfgang,

Doc
Thank you for the welcome, Doc.

Felsberg is a little town, 90 miles north of Frankfurt and 15 miles south of Kassel.

Before I purchased the 550, I drove the 825i, too. It was to loud and the 550 is more amply. I want the 550 to visit fairs and to go fishing - just for fun and so I think, the 550 is perfect for me.

So then is Felsberg on the Rhein? I have driven from the Frankfurt area North along the river many times for a daily drive, but it was 40+ years ago. I would drive for about a half day on one side or the other of the river, cross on a bridge or ferry, then drive back on the other side of the river. It is one of my favorite areas of the world.

I drove up the river like that a few times in 2001 and 2002.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts