John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some advice on removing the dash. I have removed all screws from top of dash, steering column, and glove box. I was able to remove the steering wheel with a three arm puller. Now that I think I have everything ready I'm unable to remove. It feels like it's attached with the two end brackets on each end under the dash. Now that I have arrived at this point I'm concerned about how difficult it will be to put this back on and align. The reason for all this work is to install a heater that has all the duct work and vents. I am rethinking this purchase and wonder if a less complicated system would have been just as good.

·
Registered
709 Posts
As much heat that comes in from behind the seats and thru the shifter area (at least mine does) im surprised you even NEED a heater!

I had most of my dash off the machine! Realigning it was not difficult at all! If i remember right, there are some screws around the top of the hood area, glove box, and around the side panels. Mine all went back together pretty well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured out that two screws from inside the front wheel well were holding back the dash. If anyone has a need to remove the dash you will have 4 screws on the top of dash, one screw inside the glove box and one screw on the steering column. The steering wheel will have to be pulled and removed along with the two screws inside the wheel well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts