John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

Looking for a replacement headlight bulb for my RSX, the factory original lights just suck, way too dim, looking for something brighter???????

Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
114 Posts
Someone on another board mentioned 881's. But I don't know what type of bulb that pertained to.

I know... Lot of help I am. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Rather than installing new light bulbs in the headlights, i just installed a set of Bright LED food lights on top of my roof, because having the light higher up anyway makes a huge difference. I looked into the HID conversion kit, but now that i have roof mounted lights, I can see much farther than with just the head lights on.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I had looked at the light issue. The 881 and the 880 are not that much different rather than spending 130 on HIDs. I saw that auto parts stores sell a 880 in the ZXE which has the same temp as HIDs. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I agree, the stock head lights SUCK. I put light bars on my machine, but hate the look of the head lights in comparison to the light bars. I was thinking about HID plug and play from DDM Tuning, but I think I am just gonna get some LED replacements. Cause the light bars cant always be used, cause if you are behind several ppl in a group, you will blind them, LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got some 881s in today. Going to try and get them in tomorrow.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Keep us posted sir and post up some pics if you can. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Keep us posted sir and post up some pics if you can. Thanks!!!!

Stay away from the cheap ones. That is what I bought and they don't put out hardly any light. They do match the light bar color but you have to have the light bar on to see at night.

I'm going to try some more expensive ones and see how they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts