John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,m new to this forum.....I have an older 1963 67 JD Gator 4x2 with the Kawasaki engine , and I'm looking for some parts and info..... I used to go too the gator guy but have lost his site addy....any Help would be appreciated
Rick

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!! I would like to know about this older gator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
old gator

I was told by the "gator guy" that this was one of the first year or two proto types......will have to go out to shop and look up the ser#....will post it later

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pictures

will borrow my daughters camera (it has the little chip thing for pics) and snap some this weekend....have to remember to rite down s/n too....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
older gator

well went and took pics and found s/n W004x2007328 was all that was on the frame plate on the rear part of frame.....will now try to download pics....you'll notice the plastic fenders are gone , the guy I bought it from put on flat metal pieces for splash protection......it still runs and works good , it has been one of the handiest pieces of equipt. on the farm......I have no idea how many hours , but I've had it 12 to 15 years , so far tires have been replaced 1 time and now redoing some of the broken and worn electric wires is all that has been done too it.......

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Our old 6x4 diesel looks just like that machine. We bought it back in the 90s.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just an FYI, i looked up the machine build date for the serial number you gave and the build date is 05 May 1994. I didnt think it was a 60's or 70's model cause they didnt make them back then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good info

Well this is good info.....I might have mistook the original info .....maybe he said it was a 93 model instead of 63......I've had this for 10 or 12 years and the guy I bought it from said he had it for 15 years or so ........I taught my grand daughter when she was 10 to drive it (she's 19 now) my grandson started when he was 7 or 8 (he's 14 now) all of the grand kids have learned to drive it.....it has been extremely useful on the farm for just about any thing and all things....fencing , carries t posts and barb wire....feed , carries salt and mineral block....manure , self explanitory.....hauls dirt and cement bags , pulls cement mixer etc etc.......I wouldn't be without one!!!
the only thing I don't like is the way JD rips people off on the costs of parts etc......$73.00 for an ignition switch ($10.00 at gator guy) , $78.00 for a grounding chip (10.00 plus 4.00 ship/hand from gator guy) , $139.00 for a new seat ( found identical seat at farm and home for $69.00) when I bought new tires , could only find the right size thru a JD supplier ($360.00 for a new set (( I paid the same for a complete set on my Chev Tahoe)) , but since have found a supplier that can get for less......if you bought tires you know the rim size is odd so you have to get from JD (at least that was the case 10 years ago) now there are so many variations and models of off road type stuff parts are easier to find.......just my thoughts.......
DeereSales101......where did you find the build date?....that could be useful in the future......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts