John Deere Gator Forums banner

Rocker Switches

41K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  krobillard 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all. A recent search for rocker switches for use with various item on my XUV 550 has yielded this information. Currently, John Deere is using Eaton switches with the model line being "Euro Look". These are the full sized (Auto/Truck) and smaller UTV-Gator 1.427 X.825) switch with the typical rounded corners.Use any switch with the measurements of: 1.427 X .825 for an exact fit. There is even a momentary switch with a tall paddle that will be a great item to use as a horn switch. One particular on-line vendor has a full line available.Check them out at : www.alliedelec.com. Hope this helps for those still looking for an affordable Gator switch. mountaingoat.

#2 ·
rocker switch

i orders a full size rocker from allied and it was too big for the cut outs i have on my 850i if you have a partnumber that would be a great help i have led light interior and a light bar right now that i have wired up on toggels and i and wanting switches that fit the factory look

#3 ·
Rocker Switch

Hi Lesjones83. The full size switch is indeed longer by about 1/4". Any switch that shows the dimensions as 1.427 X .825 is an exact fit. The data sheet on all switches will show the opening specs. The on-off switch I used on my overhead lights is: Manuf.# 8006K28NIV2, or Allied# 70155786, which is the exact fit. There are a few other configurations also available in the 1.427 X .825 size. I edited the previous posting to eliminate any further confusion on the sizing. mountaingoat

#6 ·
I buy my switches from UTV, Inc. They are a Supporting Vendor here, They have regular lighted switches and custom switches. Great ppl to work with.

#8 ·
Yes sir I did, and it should. If they don't, you can shave the holes a little, but they should fit no problem.

#10 ·
I understand the rocker concept and needed amperage. The question I have is where is the 12v source for the rocker switch for a 620i XUV? There is a 12v reading on a volt meter for two wires ( red and black) which is located on the driver's side once the panel is removed. It has 2 female plugs together. Could this be used as a 12v source? I am trying to get a setup for a sprayer which runs a 7 hp electric motor with 23 amp rating. This means 12g wiring and in line fuse.

#11 ·
The red/black lines are always hot. The yellow / black are not and power is controlled by switch.

#12 ·
i like all the UTV.Inc switches but they are not by any means cheap! may order a few any way though some of them are pretty cool

#13 ·
Are the OEM switches backlit or illuminated now?

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

#14 ·
some of them are yes.

#15 ·
Will aftermarket switches say on them (or the pin outs) how to illuminate them? A couple of mine light up and a couple don't.

#16 ·
some do others dont. a couple of companies have a diagram u can look at on their website when u order their switches

#17 ·
I bought switches from this place OTRATTW . Great selection and a variety of styles. They work without any modifications to the stock switch slots.

On the switches I used there are two independent areas that light up. One lights up when ignition is on and the other illuminates when the switch is on.

#18 ·
200--

Thanks for the reply- Did you wire the switches- so they would illuminate ?

#19 ·
Bradhill,

Yes I have them wired so the lower half illuminates with key on and the upper half illuminates when accessory is on.

I tried loading pictures to demonstrate, but for some reason the forum states the JPG files are not allowed.

I also bought the connector for the back of the switch making it easier to disassemble and keep the wires in their correct position.

If interested in photos send me a private message with your email address.

#20 ·
Will do thank you kindly!!

#21 ·
Bradhill,

Private message with pictures attached sent.

#22 ·
Thank you very much!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.