John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did purchase the radio console. It is pricey but worth it. Well made and fits perfect. Got a windshild at the same time. I would not recomment the radio and no windshield,

I also have power stearig ordered. next wil be a street legal kit, horn, blinkers,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio

John Deere radio no after market yet but did by power steering after market. Do it if you can worth it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Why no windshield with a radio? Was it bad?

I want Power Steering.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get the full

A 1/2 windshield will be next for this fall. thanks jim

Get the full windshield. If you ever decide to put a radio or plow on, you will kick your self for not getting the full. If you ever cruise on back county roads your eyes tear up because the machine is so fast..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
radio

Why no windshield with a radio? Was it bad?

I want Power Steering.

You wont hear the radio as well with the wind and motor. The windshield also help from the mud getting the speakers and radio from getting caked with mud. The radio and console cost almost 900.00. you want to protect it also when towing it..

·
Registered
904 Posts
You wont hear the radio as well with the wind and motor. The windshield also help from the mud getting the speakers and radio from getting caked with mud. The radio and console cost almost 900.00. you want to protect it also when towing it..
You got a point.

·
Registered
242 Posts
need to see some pics of install please

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everybody! I am in the process of buying a new toy but I can't make up my mind. A friend of mine has a rzr and loves it but I recently got a chance to test drive an 850i but only for about 2 minutes and loved it. My problem is I want to make sure its what I need. I hunt during the fall and winter months but when summer hits its all about hitting the trails! Mostly backwoods full of twists turns and mud. I want to know your opinion on how the gator will do for the type of riding and if there are any issues with these machines. I appreciate any and all responses.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I love my RSX...it tops out at 55mph which is about the only down side...but if you are riding trails then it is plenty...the torque is awesome for the trails...I wish the after market would catch up with the machines...it know it coming but its slow...Its a great machine...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the reply mountaineer! How does it do in mud and water? Idk where the intakes are on the Deere and was wandering how deep it can go. I don't want a submarine by no means but we do cross creeks here and there on our outings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you can afford the Deer get it. I was in your spot but after research the razor is build on a ATV frame. This deere is built for work and play.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome! I've heard a few people have had trouble with getting water in through the dipstick and in the intake has JD fix this yet? I'm super excited I really want the camo trail model!! I will be buying one probably nov-dec before a good snow.

·
Registered
242 Posts
there was some problems early on with water..but after doing some homework, and doing a few items myself...I think it does pretty good in the water...mud is no problem with locking all fours

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mine does fine in the water and mud here in north Mississippi.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Rode yesterday. I really want an exhaust for mine. Need to clean her up this afternoon. Gonna take her to the trail system in western Arkansas in October.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just added a big gun slip on exhaust...I like it a lot...I did not want to spend $900 dollars for duals, at least not right now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts