John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Wardog. You can adjust the rubber stoppers for the doors to help tighten up the slack that's causing the excessive rattling. These are located below the door stud on the ROP system. Adjust them out until they put the necessary tension on the door...you will figure it out. You can also adjust the passengers seat easily with a couple of tools.

Deere recommends engaging the 4WD at lower speeds but come to a complete stop to engage the full locking differential. However, I've engaged both the 4WD and locking differential multiple times and at vairable speeds, with no issues. I can't really help you with the sound. Maybe a stealth exhaust but only during cool weather season.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 4wd system on the RSX will not engage unless you are under 8 mph. It's done that way to prevent people from having both back wheels spinning (in mud or snow) and then turning the front wheels on and possibly tearing up the front differential or 4wd shifting mechanism.

Let's say you are going 30 mph and turn the dial. it will nto shift until you slow down to 8 mph. At that point it will go in by itself and stay there until you turn it off. It sort of goes into a "waiting mode" until your speed gets down to 8 so you don't have to worry about cycling it on/off.

It will obviously STAY in 4wd at any speed - just need to be under 8 to engage it.

If you watch your instrument cluster you will see the little 4wd symbol flashing until the parts are actually engaged. The light should then be on solid.

So it is "on the fly" - if you're flying slow... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.