John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was using oil and losing power these last few weeks.
I sent it to the dealer who discovered a dirt "film" in the throttle body area.
Dealer tore it down to find severely scored cylinder walls, and oil entering one head. They thought it was cracked.
Deere corp said to drop a new complete engine in so, one will arrive next Tuesday.
This was used on the farm to spray with, pick rocks, fence, ect,ect. Occasionally running as fast as it would go to the other farm.
It got its air cleaner serviced and swapped out regularly.
Going to do some heavy soul searching about this. The warranty will be up in 6 mo. The extended one. Without it the cost to replace would be prohibitive, and if this is going to happen again, well...
Right now I am leaning towards a sale. Anyone interested? $14000 Sport with ALL the bells and whistles!

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's an air filter problem. Either faulty filters or a leak somewhere.

It was using oil and losing power these last few weeks.
I sent it to the dealer who discovered a dirt "film" in the throttle body area.
Dealer tore it down to find severely scored cylinder walls, and oil entering one head. They thought it was cracked.
Deere corp said to drop a new complete engine in so, one will arrive next Tuesday.
This was used on the farm to spray with, pick rocks, fence, ect,ect. Occasionally running as fast as it would go to the other farm.
It got its air cleaner serviced and swapped out regularly.
Going to do some heavy soul searching about this. The warranty will be up in 6 mo. The extended one. Without it the cost to replace would be prohibitive, and if this is going to happen again, well...
Right now I am leaning towards a sale. Anyone interested? $14000 Sport with ALL the bells and whistles!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No idea

Dealer says not enuf dirt to do the damage that was there. Any dirt is too much dirt. Something went thru it tho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
it does not take much at all. I rode my atv one time without oiling the foam air filter and dirt ate the cylinder sleeve so badly I had to replace it

Dealer says not enuf dirt to do the damage that was there. Any dirt is too much dirt. Something went thru it tho.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Could it have been something that you spray that is caustic to metal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope

Not caustic to metal! The rest of the gator would have melted!
New motor going in on Wednesday. Then loading on a trailer
And heading to the consignment yard!
Any takers at $13500?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts