John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I just got me RSX sport package and it came with the suspension set in the middle. I believe it needs to be softer but I was curious if anyone else has found a good setup that they are happy with?

Anyone doing any Jumping?

Bumpy Trails?

Mud?

Thanks

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am doing mud, but mine is still stock. I could use some more GC. I am not good at setting up shocks at all. I can tell you how to adjust the springs, LOL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am doing mud, but mine is still stock. I could use some more GC. I am not good at setting up shocks at all. I can tell you how to adjust the springs, LOL!!!!!!!!
LOL I hear that I'm about the same that's why I thought I'd ask

·
Registered
904 Posts
You have asked in the right place. Someone with more knowledge than me on this, will answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took the preload on the rear springs down 2 3/4" from the spring base to the spring. Then set the damping in the middle.
To do this you have to remove the shock from the vehicle, remove the spring, and remove the limiter ring from the threaded body of the shock.
It appeared to me by setting the preload any tighter might be too stiff. I am 300lbs and will carry a 45 gal sprayer in season. I also like the 10" of ground clearance this gives me!
The front springs I just took down to the factory set limiter rings. ( you won't be able to screw the rind down any further)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I took the preload on the rear springs down 2 3/4" from the spring base to the spring. Then set the damping in the middle.
To do this you have to remove the shock from the vehicle, remove the spring, and remove the limiter ring from the threaded body of the shock.
It appeared to me by setting the preload any tighter might be too stiff. I am 300lbs and will carry a 45 gal sprayer in season. I also like the 10" of ground clearance this gives me!
The front springs I just took down to the factory set limiter rings. ( you won't be able to screw the rind down any further)
How rough does it ride set that stiff?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gator suspension

Not so bad at all. Remember 300 lbs of driver plus any payload! I like it set to stiff, it seems to do away with the under steer these things have. Also IF it should leave the ground I don't get that "kick" on takeoff!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Interesting, I might have to try this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts