John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Lets list miles, problems, and type of riding or uses for your RSX...I have heard of some people with some major problems...I'm a little worried now that my warranty is out.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have about 1000 miles on mine, and has been rode in sandy trails, dusty conditions, rocky trails, and all has performed fine. I had to replace a belt but that was my fault. Otherwise, i have had no issues with it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good and bad

I have about 300 miles on mine, busted the front differential, I was pretty hard on it when it happened. ( jumped a pretty steep hill and the front tires were still spinning when it landed) Broke 1 rear axle. Put a heat barrier under the seat because it was very hot on the passenger in the heat of the summer. It has held up pretty well, as I have been very hard on it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I only have 89 miles on mine so far but they are pretty hard miles through deep mud, water, dust and I have only had 1 issue and that was the oil sensor went out but it was an easy quick fix at the dealer covered by my warranty. This bike has far out done my rhino and all the rzr and can am guys I ride with.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good to hear...keep the responses coming...thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
120 miles
Broke right front axle ( My Fault ) 4 feet deep in peanut butter but got it out.
Small fuse box on pass side melted... The back needs to be sealed from the water and mud. I replaced all 4 fuses with marine push button breakers. Works perfect.
After the Snorkel job she does water like a champ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
225 miles and only 2 problems, first was the e-brake cable broke(fixed under warranty), 2 was the 40 amp fuse in the small fuse box under the hood started to melt and then the bike stopped charging(easy fix on the trail). i ride deep mud and when not in the nasty mud ill be full throttle on the hard pack. so i am very happy with the performance of it. PS. i keep up with rzr, and can am commanders on 32"s with no problem

·
Registered
904 Posts
I will post up my stuff when I get home and get the mileage off my rig.

I made this thread a Sticky so ppl can see the miles and problems first hand when trying to make a decision on this machine. I also changed the name so ppl understand what the threads about, if there is any suggestions, let me know.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Batman...I think the RSX is a great machine...I just hope all the problems are worked out...I seem like JD is sometimes not very responsive to some problems.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum farmerrob!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are liking your machine so far!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thinking of selling the machine. 36 hours. Broke both rear axles. One front axle, and destroyed the front differential 3 times. Deere could really careless when it comes to the RSX.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hate to hear that Cravspeed. I have not had any problems and I have beaten on my rig pretty good. Have you contacted Deere corporate????

·
Registered
140 Posts
4 miles. Gas cap leaks like a sive. I'm sure it'll get warrentied on Monday and be just fine:) I hope to get some riding in this weekend to test it out!

·
Registered
904 Posts
The only time my gas cap leaks is when it is full to the point of pouring out, once it goes down a little, it is fine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine does it when I'm turning a lot or hitting a lot of bumps. there's a dtac case that says to remove cap and push the rubber collar down onto the fill tube more. I have a new cap on the way. Is anybody else getting water in the head lights? I have one that is

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only time mine leaked was when I dis not get the cap on tight

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drive Belts

My Drive belt keeps shreading on my Gator feeling :(! My Dealer acts like its no big deal and just wants to keep replacing it like it isnt a issue! I paid for a cab that is about worthless as they come! gaps in the doors under the dash, the hole purpose for the cab is to keep you out of the weather..... My Dealer keeps passing the buck and wont even work with us to get Rid of this lemon. I dont like it want a refund.....

·
Registered
709 Posts
Your other option is to call John Deere customer service. I haven't heard of anyone's belts shredding. Sounds like you need your clutches gone thru.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts