John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with strange no-start mystery... Recently replaced parking brake cable on my 2013 RSX850i. Bit of a chore but successful. Put everything back together and brake holds great but.....machine cranks but won't start!? Clearly I was no where near the fuel system or engine. I did remove the front storage compartment, so I'm wondering if I pulled loose a wire to one of the fuse panels? All fuses are good. Any advice on what to troubleshoot in that area? How to see if ECM wiring or maybe fuel pump wiring was stressed/pulled loose during storage box removal? Troubleshooting list in Operators Manual mentions as possible cause of no-start: "Start signal connector on the starter solenoid is unplugged." Could I have done that? How to check? Other ideas as to how e-brake cable repair could possibly lead to crank but no-start? Thanks very much.

· Registered
2,936 Posts
Your victim of the service traps Deere puts in to keep users from working on their machines and robbing them of service revenue. It’s $500 minimum to have them reset the ECU so it will start again.

The above isn’t true. Wouldn’t it make sense to pull the storage tray and do a visual examination? It might be an obvious disconnected connector.

Do you have spark?

Spark plugs wet or dry after trying to start a few times?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts