John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to stop the CVT in the 850i from getting stuck when switching gears? Often I'll find that I have to rock the vehicle back and forth or slightly rev the engine to get the transmission into the right gear. I've read that this could be an issue with the clutch not fully releasing or a linkage problem? How do I know which one is causing this issue, and how can I prevent it from occurring?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah it does. Even worse is when your letting someone else drive and they think it's in gear, hit the gas, and that God awful grinding sound sends chills down your back.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Every now and then I have to tap the gas to switch. I would suggest starting with the linkage adjustment. I know before they did the PiP on mine, it was worse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pip stands for product improvement program. But I would like to know if they have a pip for the clutch or just one on the shift linkage

·
Registered
904 Posts
The only one I know of is the shift linkage. I can find out, but I bet one of our resident techs will beat me to it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Been watching the what's new for service section now that I own one and haven't seen anything gator in a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2013 clutch was not disengaging properly so I ordered a new one from Deere and the new one had a lot more balancing marks and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer mech ordered a new primary clutch for mine. It gets stuck in range and you must turn off the engine to change ranges. Only does this when the tranny is warmed up, doesn't do it cold. Been like this since brand new. Now I have a total of 11 hours on it. Kind of wish now I would have bought a different brand of sxs. It also had a battery that wouldn't take a charge. They replaced the original AGM with a 400 CCA regular lead/acid battery.:mad:

·
Registered
242 Posts
My dealer mech ordered a new primary clutch for mine. It gets stuck in range and you must turn off the engine to change ranges. Only does this when the tranny is warmed up, doesn't do it cold. Been like this since brand new. Now I have a total of 11 hours on it. Kind of wish now I would have bought a different brand of sxs. It also had a battery that wouldn't take a charge. They replaced the original AGM with a 400 CCA regular lead/acid battery.:mad:
mine was the same way... Glad to here your dealer took care of you... mine gave me some bs...it just needs to be ran and loosened up...I ended up replacing mine... after replacing its been great...JD need to do a pip on these... they know there is a problem with the first series clutches in these...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts