John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked my new gator (90 miles) last week as there is too much snow in my area to run. Went out to garage yesterday and it would not start. I checked all the fuses and connections and everything looks ok. Engine cranks but will not start. Suggestions anyone??

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had a little water problem with my machine last summer. Got her dried out and all the fluids changed. Went to fire her up and had the same problem. The machine would turn over, just wouldn't fire. I had good fuel and spark, so I was stumped and took it back to Deere. Turned out to be the oxygen sensor on the lower exhaust (on the right side). If those sensors get wet and ruined, your gator ain't gonna start! Sounds like a possible culprit! Also, can you hear your fuel pump run when you first turn on the key?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't think it's a water problem - just ran it on some hard pack snow - but who knows! Dealer picking it up the morning and I'll mention the sensor and I agree - a wet sensor leaving you stranded in the middle of the woods doesn't sound that appealing. I'll post the outcome!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The lower right o2 sensor went bad (damaged) on my RSX and it still ran fine. The only thing I noticed was the service light on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My rsx 850i will not start. Light cluster comes on but fuel pump does not kick in at all. Look at connections, fuses and all appears good. Any ideas

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My rsx 850i will not start. Light cluster comes on but fuel pump does not kick in at all. Look at connections, fuses and all appears good. Any ideas
You must have good vision to see the electrons flowing. The only why I can tell if current is flowing is to use a meter or test light. :D

Perhaps give a better account of what is happening and what you've tried so far. It's also best to start a new thread instead of replying to a 5 year old thread.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Without ever having worked on one of these.

Afaik the fuel pump should kick in no matter what but i have seen other john deere equipment that shuts off even the fuel pump when a safety switch does not work.

So thats something to check.
And yes get a testlight to check fuses because simply checking them by eye is not enough
Or ofcourse its a broken wire or bad connector somewhere.
Yes i have seen connectors that looked good but did not let any power go through.
Again: testlight

(Story:we had a new mechanic looking for an electric problem once.
Could not find the problem even though he checked everything.
Asked him Where his testlight was and he said he could work without and check all connectors and fuses.
Long story short i told him to get me a testlight ran it over the fuse panel 5 seconds and it simply had a burnt fuse.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts