John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was skirting a muddy trail and slid down into the hole nailed it and hit a big bump my leg bumped the shifter and it hit low range under full throttle, now have no gears forward or reverse and makes grinding noises havent had time to tear it apart yet, could it have possibly nuked a clutch? I would think it wouldn't be possible to even attempt to go into low range under full throttle any insight or part numbers for trans/clutch parts would be helpful

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The clutch is external so it's operation can be confirmed after the plastic housing is removed. Sounds like possible internal damage though in the transaxle.

You can look up part numbers by using JDPARTS

You'll also want the technical manual to aid in the process.

Good luck and post the outcome of your findings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang have a buddy that works at john deere and a new transmission is like 2k with his discount will keep this updated with what I find hoping the clutch is destroyed it sorta tries to move then starts the grinding noise and stuff

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If you're not familiar with how the clutching works, watch this video by TEAM Industries. They make the clutches for JD.

CVT Video

·
Super Moderator
3,187 Posts
Dang have a buddy that works at john deere and a new transmission is like 2k with his discount will keep this updated with what I find hoping the clutch is destroyed it sorta tries to move then starts the grinding noise and stuff

All though it is extremely hard to diagnose your problem over the Internet, it sounds like you might have damaged the high / low speed shift collars in the transmission.

The good news is, you can replace the shift collars without buying a complete transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts