John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guess i'll be the first one on the forum to attempt it, but I haven't been to pleased with the top end performance of my rsx, so I have all the stuff to go big bore (+2 mm, about 880cc) drop the compression down to about 8.34:1 and turbo it, just waiting on the used engine I ordered to show up so I can send the cylinders in and have them bored, then it will just be a matter of assembling everything, stay tuned, it should be fun!:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
:eek::D cant wait to see how it all works out.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
will you need to renickle the cylinders or will they be fine? i remember that there was a 1000cc kit out at one time over in italy. just curious how much power u think it will make then. oh and if anyone has been wondering the stock rsx can keep up with the maverick non turbo for about 60ft. not too bad when u think the can am has 40+ more hp.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will you need to renickle the cylinders or will they be fine? i remember that there was a 1000cc kit out at one time over in italy. just curious how much power u think it will make then. oh and if anyone has been wondering the stock rsx can keep up with the maverick non turbo for about 60ft. not too bad when u think the can am has 40+ more hp.
the 1000 cc kit you saw was a 1026cc kit for the aprilia rsv witch is already a "1000" engine, I almost bought it but luckily ran all of the numbers first, not sure what the #s will be but I will do a before and after run on my buddies dyno, and hopefully with some tuning or the aftermarket efi if I go that route, I may even get close to turbo maverick top speed too

·
Super Moderator
3,546 Posts
I have been in contact with silverbulletmotorsports.net they apparently are one of the largest suppliers for Chery engines. They also offer other performance parts.

They are willing to offer discounts to forum members.

Has anyone worked with them?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been in contact with silverbulletmotorsports.net they apparently are one of the largest suppliers for Chery engines. They also offer other performance parts.

They are willing to offer discounts to forum members.

Has anyone worked with them?
I haven't even heard of them but I want too! especially with the name silver bullet lol

and marcust, I don't believe the cylinders are nickel from what I saw the last time I had it apart, but I am definitely going to look into it with both deere and je pistons to find out first, I will let ypu know what I find

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the first teaser :)

Reactions: Dave Jr

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
NICE!! sounds good.

i wish my old RSX was getting the love she needs haha talked to the guy yesterday said he doesnt get it over 25 scared he is going to spill his beer. LMAO.

I would love to see a RSX run the same as a turbo maverick. iv been doing alot of research on my N/A and there is a guy here in NC that can unlock the full 101hp and its scary to think about what it can do. I can only imagine a RSX doing anything close to the same. that would be insane and for it to be coming from a 850 is even more impressive!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I’m not certain how the turbo was going to help top speed given it is close to redline when TS is achieved. Besides HP needs to ring out another 1,000+ more rpms or regear for more top end speed.

I’m just not aware of anyone altering the gear ratio yet on these machines so it becomes hard to increase top end speed without turning the RPMs much higher. Not certain where the piston speeds are at in this motor nor with other limiting factors such as rod strength or valve spring limits.

Reactions: hillbillybubba

·
Registered
347 Posts
Correct. I don't get any more speed out of my Yanmar, but I do maintain speed much better going up hills with loads. In that circumstance, it's about a 8mph difference. Makes sense as I bumped the horsepower up about 40%.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Another OP who doesn't complete their thread. I guess the turbo was the ultimate teaser after 5 years of waiting:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts