John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Amazon has them and also gearup2go.com has them. $165.00 Sometimes you can find them on eBay also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Door Inserts

I made my own door inserts. Bought a 1/2 sheet of 1/8" aluminum for $50 . Traced and cut the panels out and had them powder coated black for $15 each.Total cost of $80 and I still have enough aluminum for 2 more sets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you fasten them? Self tapping screws right to the plastic? I've been thinking about doing the same and having them dipped in camo to match.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
How did you fasten them? Self tapping screws right to the plastic? I've been thinking about doing the same and having them dipped in camo to match.
one member said he drilled holes and rivetted his to his door so u wont have anything to get hurt on when u put it on there

·
Registered
37 Posts
The opening is tapered. I cut mine so they fit half way into the opening with two tabs extending down into slots that I cut with a zip saw, and two tabs folded over that I put pop rivets into holding the top into place. The camo vinyl was put on before installing them and wraps around the edges so there are no exposed areas to get loosened, the inside was painted and outside edges sealed with black silicone. There are no exposed edges to catch clothing on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got some black automotive trim screws and screwed them into the plastic. I put 12 screws in each one and they don't rattle or vibrate. I pre-drilled the aluminum before having it powder coated. The cut outs in door are tapered so just have your screws back far enough so you can't see them from outside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Like stated above, you can get them for $160.... or for $150 you can get a .025 thick 10' x 4' sheet of black or high polish aluminum diamond plate from onlinediamondplate.com and have enough to make your own (just rivet to the door). You'll also have enough left over for a roof... or two. I made the door inserts, roof, and still have enough left over to build a dry box for the entire bed. See pics at the link below. Chris's 850i Gator Board on Pinterest

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like stated above, you can get them for $160.... or for $150 you can get a .025 thick 10' x 4' sheet of black or high polish aluminum diamond plate from onlinediamondplate.com and have enough to make your own (just rivet to the door). You'll also have enough left over for a roof... or two. I made the door inserts, roof, and still have enough left over to build a dry box for the entire bed. See pics at the link below. Chris's 850i Gator Board on Pinterest
Can you post pics of the inside of the door panels? I just want to see what you did and how it looks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes would definitely like to see the inside

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can you post pics of the inside of the door panels? I just want to see what you did and how it looks.
No problem at all.... as soon as I get it back. It's been at the dealership for a week. Engine is knocking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I made my winter sides last year and I just used 11 gauge steel sheet metal and then painted it real good with some Rustoleum paint. I used the aluminum colored paint and think it really accents the silver rims & trim that's on my machine. Just screwed it onto the inside of the door with some stainless #10 sheet metal screws and it holds perfect! If you actually look around the hole in the door on the inside you'll see some small textured circles (13 total) I suspect is from the plastic mold, that's what I used for my screw placement and from there I made my template for the sheet metal cut-out. I'll try to attach some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
114 Posts
After I finish my wiring job that Im half way through, these are next on the mod list.

looks good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I made my door inserts from 3/8" smooth plywood and had a local sign shop make some decal to match the OEM scheme. I then upholstered the inside with 3/4" foam and vinyl

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
That get's a 10 out of 10 in my books, that looks pretty B.A.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I made my door inserts from 3/8" smooth plywood and had a local sign shop make some decal to match the OEM scheme. I then upholstered the inside with 3/4" foam and vinyl
Good idea.....I rest my knee on the door.

·
Registered
47 Posts
door inserts

I made my own door inserts. Bought a 1/2 sheet of 1/8" aluminum for $50 . Traced and cut the panels out and had them powder coated black for $15 each.Total cost of $80 and I still have enough aluminum for 2 more sets.
Want to make me a set, no powder coat required.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts