John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only reading 2 volts going to the fuel pump and if I hook up 12 to the pump it runs. Under the hood the small red wire on the black plug below the relays only reds 2 volts. Any help?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would like to know where the red wire goes before tearing the machine down to manually trace.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinking it's got to be straight off the battery because I still show 2 volts at the black plug with the key switch removed and the key switch just sends it to a relay.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay anyone with a tech manual can you tell me where the red wire goes from the key switch?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So please excuse my earlier post on this that pesky red wire I was looking at goes to the light switch. With that said can someone tell me which relays on the circuit board under the front hood are for what?

·
Super Moderator
2,970 Posts
Sorry I do not have a copy of the Tech Manual for the 850i RSX.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
2,970 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after doing some more troubleshooting found that along with no fuel pump the machine has no spark and nothing going to the injectors.So I can assume it's the ecu. Found signs of water on the board. Bad news out of the way can anyone on this group explain to me why in the name of all that is holy is there a vent on the cover of the ecu?

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay after some reading the vent is to equalize pressure inside the equalize pressure inside the Ecuadorian during extreme temperature. The problem with the design is the adhesive on the back side is failing allowing water and dirt to get inside from a simple washing. Very sad design flaw or very smart at $743 for a replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts