John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been big on Silverback tires, but I found some pretty cheap locally and if all goes according to plan I should have them on tomorrow. I'll post up some pictures then. Anybody running the Silverback? A lot of folks round here run them on the Rangers and seem to have a good bit of power loss.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am running laws on my RSX and running Backs on my RZR. You can run up to a 30" back on the RSX stock. There is a guy in Florida that is running them. I will have to find the pic and post it up. Please post up when you have them!!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got around to getting some pictures up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks good...what kind of speaker do you have

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bazooka Marine Tubbies, the 6.25", with a Bazooka Marine 100 Watt Amp. I have all the wires ran through my rollcage, the AUX cord is run into my glovecompartment. I'm considering buying an amp with a bluetooth connection in the future.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!!! Stock setup on suspension or did you have to tweak it some?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tweaked it about halfway after the first ride as soon as I bought it. I haven't turned the shocks any since then. It's all stock, I measured ground clearance from the center and I was at nearly 13" and opposed to the nearly 11" before.

·
Registered
904 Posts
How much did you turn the shocks up????

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
How much did you turn the shocks up????
About half way. Maybe a little less. Ill snap some more pictures of clearance, get some measurements, and show some numbers. Im an engineering student. I like statistics. :)

And 4nines. I appreciate it, I thought it looked pretty good myself. A whole different animal than it was stock, pictures just don't do it justice though. I'm going riding today with some canams, ill see if I can get a video or two uploaded.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great looking tires but they don't make Silverback for the 550 S4. I don't think the
Gorilla silverback 27-9-12 will fit on the front 25-8-12 or the Gorilla silverback 27-12-12 will fit the back 25-10-12.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think the tire would fit the rim, but I don't know if it would clear without a lift.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like them. They just ride a little rougher than id like for checking grass patches. During riding season they're perfect. I may invest in another set of stocks and some more radial 30 inch tires. Or buy a set of terminators next riding season. I hear they ride a lot better.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ppl around here say the terms ride good and pull decent. They look awesome!!!!!!!!

My 32" Silverbacks on my PoPo 850XP ATV rode great, on my RZR 900, its another story.

Now my 29.5 OL2s ride awesome on the Gator!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They give it a good looking stance. That's for sure. I've been in Tuscaloosa too long now. I miss my Gator. While I'm home for Thanksgiving I'll have to take it hunting, it's been raining a good bit so that should be fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts