John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our new RSX Trail on Sat. Very quick and rides great compared to our old TS model
I do have one question, the passenge seat will not tilt forward like the drivers seat. Could it be caught on something or is there a hidden release somewhere? The book just said to tilt it forward to get to the battery.
Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
904 Posts
There is a little STIFF metal tab under there holding the seat down. You have to try to bend it up or give the seat a good jerk to get it up. It is a pain. I am thinking about taking mine off. They did that so if you are driving with no passenger it does not come up or bounce around.
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
No sir...if you will stick you hand thru the hole on the bottom of the back of the seat and feel towards the bottom/underside of the seat, you will find the little STIFF latch I am talking about.

·
Registered
904 Posts
No Problem, anytime!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After work yesterday I went home and slid the seat all the way forward. Grabbed the back of the seat portion and gave it a good yank. It worked.
Removed the plastic covering the battery and installed the Battery Tender. Thanks again for the advise.

·
Registered
904 Posts
No problem!!!!!!!! Glad we could help.

Magilla......you aint lying, total PITA!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello:
After reading this thread I see someone is installing a battery tender, is this the way to go if you are not using the Gator alot? will the battery go dead after a peroid of time?
Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
904 Posts
NO, if you put a battery tender on it that auto cycles. It is like a 1.5 amp trickle charger that only charges when the battery drops under a certain amperage. It is the way to go. I have them on my 2 rides and my dad has them on all of his cars and we have still been using original batteries because of the tender.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bump for making this a sticky.

Salesman had the seat up yesterday showing me the batt etc... Today I couldn't get it. Had to refer to google before being directed here and I've been a member for a month

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also, I'll be picking up a trickle charger tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

Is everyone upgrading the battery when adding a winch, light bar and radio?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've upgraded my battery. Helps a lot. As for the seat the owners manual is no help, it just tells you to lift the seat which makes you wonder if you have something abnormal going on but trust me they're all pretty difficult to lift, you really gotta yank and cuss it to make it come loose. Best thing to do is actually bend the little tab that holds the seat down once you get it up. I tapped mine with a hammer and closed the seat then tried to reopen it. Repeat as needed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah I fixed that this morning! That and removing safety stickers is all I've done with it so far.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Glad to hear it. I don't recommend the pissed off hammer approach. But it works. Lol. Throw up some pictures. Make a build thread. Let's see this thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts