John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any have the power steering kits installed on their machine? I noticed their are two kits available. I just wonder how the feel is for race applications. I know it would help with the bump steer, but how quick is the response.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a friend that just installed the SuperATV brand kit on his bike and with him running a 29.5" tire it helped tremendously. He says it responds immediately just like a new truck but now his wife wants to drive it all the time! I'm ordering the same one for my RSX asap.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have the SuperATV PS unit sitting in my shop waiting to be installed. They have a video of the install also. Once you get PS, you will never want to go without it again. I had it on a PoPo ATV and I miss it. They only trouble I have with the steering of my RSX is when the 4wd is engaged and I am turning and the kick back.

Here is a link to the thread with the video linked in. http://www.gatorforums.net/forum/super-atv/562-rsx850i-power-steering.html

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
power steering with a 1000cc engine???? :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
you can do a 1060 big bore on them now an that b will fly

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
where can i get it from??? and how much??

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had the Power Steering on my RSX 850 for several months now and it works great! I haven't had any issues with it. It came from Super ATV. Mine has been put through some pretty Extreem conditions and so far, so good.

·
Administrator
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got the SuperATV kit too and love it. Although I've been noticing an issue. When I got to start my machine, turn the key on and all the pretty lights on the dash come on, then I go to crank it and everything goes off. I have to turn the steering wheel slightly to get it to come back on. I've got a small short somewhere. After I get i get it started I have no issues at all.

·
Administrator
3,698 Posts
joshc-- Call the guys at SuperATV- they are awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts