John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently inquiring about buying a roof from diamondback they tell me it takes the same roof as the Gator 550. Does anyone know this to be true?:confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Roof for RSX

I was in contact with Diamond Back Tops and the 550 roll cage is 1/4" narrower (49.25") than the RSX (49.50") so it won't fit plus it doesn't have a cut out for the brake lite (easily cutoff wheel modified) They may have something for the RSX by the end of June they told me. It must be a really tight fit as its only 1/8" wider on each side.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The RSX rops and the 550 rops are the same part number. I found this out when I replaced mine. The they also have the same main frame part number.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in contact with Diamond Back Tops and the 550 roll cage is 1/4" narrower (49.25") than the RSX (49.50") so it won't fit plus it doesn't have a cut out for the brake lite (easily cutoff wheel modified) They may have something for the RSX by the end of June they told me. It must be a really tight fit as its only 1/8" wider on each side.
Glad you let me know the guy I have been emailing from diamondback must not know, he said it would bolt right on no issues. Grrr that aggravates me. Thanks glad I asked.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
if wat farmall66 saying is true then there is no difference at all between the two and the guy just measured wrong john deere will not use the same part number for two different things no matter how close together they r n size. just my two cents

·
Registered
47 Posts
Roof

Guys, I re-contacted Jerry Miles at DiamondTops and gave him the info you posted as to the same part numbers for the XUV 550 and the RSX 850i. I am in agreement that the part numbers are the same then the top should fit on either machine with the exception being the rear stop light on the RSX. Waiting to hear back from him.

·
Registered
47 Posts
roof

DS101, thanks for the info

·
Registered
159 Posts
The 550s fit the same windshield, roof, and bolt pattern.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts