John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a new sxs in the next few weeks after I get rid of my 06 ranger.ride with a lot of other ranger and one can am 1000. From what I've seen I think the RSX can run with the can am and 900 ranger.have you that own them experience riding with other brands and how do your RSX perform.Iam really leaning towards the RSX.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've riden with can am's on mountian type trails and had no problem keeping up. My cousin tried like hell to get me stuck by climbing some pretty narly terrian...I was on his tail tipe the entire time. I would guess that in a wide open field or sand dune the can am would have more top end, gator wins the hole shot.

Major reason I bought a RSX is because it gives you the best of both worlds and it was closer to my price range than a brand new can am.

·
Registered
709 Posts
One of the biggest differences is (not including the ranger) that the RSX has a usable bed, a front and rear hitch and has towing and hauling capabilities. It's made with utility in mind but still having that sport side to it!

The RZR has no bed, the can am has a bed but is not dumpable.

That's really the biggest things i think!

And depending on where you live, there are more JD dealers closer to you than the others.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have both a RSX and a Can Am Commander and I got at the same time both brand new and I would chose the RSX over the Can Am any day. The Can Am is more comfortable and has a cool push button start but the RSX is much faster, stronger and has doors from the factory. The RSX I feel is overall a much better bike. I have been trying to sell the Can Am since I bought it but nobody wants it and I have it priced 5k less than sticker.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply is your can am a 1000 or 800?
Your RSX looks awesome. how warm does it get inside it.are they both the same with that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My Can Am is an 800 and they both create about the same amount of heat. The RSX is a lot louder and has a much better power band.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would take the RSX over a Cantam Cowmander anyday. I agree with Rpfitz82 on what he said. I ride with all kinds of rides, and the CanAm owners that take my RSX for a spin, they are grinning from ear to ear when they come back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
has anybody rode with xp 900 ranger? hows the RSX stack up agaist those.
Iam going to look at a trail tomorrow.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I love my rsx...juat wish the aftermarket would catch up

·
Registered
41 Posts
My dad has two ranger xp 900s. I can outrun him until the electronic govenor kicks in. The ranger gets up to almost 65 on the speedo anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
RSX VS Can AM

Hello:
I had a 2012 Can Am 1000 model, I had 256 miles on it and traded it in on a RSX trail, Can Am is faster for sure, I had problems getting in and out of the Can AM, to get in and out of the RSX is a breeze, the RSX is a simple machine and works well for everything I need it to do, I do not miss the Can Am.
kenner

·
Registered
76 Posts
My dad has the Ranger 900 and he likes it but when compared to the RSX it falls short in my opinion. It does have more ground clearance from the factory and more aftermarket items but the seating is horrible you sit straight up and its unbearable after about 1 hr. Its more of your working utility sxs than a recreational sport sxs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a gator rsx 850i and traded it for a can am commander xxc and now own a ranger 900 le.. First off the maverick is made for wide open trails that are fast and all day riding... I really liked my gator loved the seats doors and looks. The only thing I didn't like was the low ground clearance and kinda loud cockpit. I test drove a ranger and loved how quiet it was and the options they offer for the rangers. the only thing I would change is the seats otherwise I like it a lot... gator has good low end and ranger has more top end...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts