John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a source for wheel bearings for RSX ??? Part # M176848 showing at $120 and change per on greenfarmparts !!!! OUCH !!!! IMO these should be no more than $30-40 ?????

·
Registered
709 Posts
I show the front and rear wheel bearings being #M159862 - $64.37 a piece. The wheel bearings you are looking at are for the XUV560 and the XUV590i's.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The M159862 subs to M176848 which is $120 a piece but i bought some M156019 which are the exact same bearing when i had my 850i and they are $66 a piece

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've searched around and there is some aftermarket bearings . Moose Racing has them listed under p/n 0215-1025. Bearing and seal for around $35 us. I'm in Canada so more for me but still can't imagine paying around $160.00 with our current exchange rate for a wheel bearing or for that matter even $120 if I was in the States. IMO it won't be long before all the models that use the M156019 and M159862 are directed to the M176848 at $120 . I like my rig alot but people do make purchasing decisions based on this kind of stuff. Not saying other manufacturers don't overcharge for replacement parts but the others are well served by aftermarket pieces....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i doubt the M156019 will ever sub to the M159862 since it does not list for a RSX. but a lil research can go a long way but u r correct price and availability make a huge difference when someone is buying a peace of equipment. IMO tho i believe deere believes that people dont care about that and would rather buy for the name when it comes to the turf customers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Marcust .. Deere would keep 2 different part numbers for the exact same bearing ( M156019 and M176848) and a customer would get to pay nearly double just because they bought an RSX.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I found the following information on M156019 shown in the picture below. The inch dimensions convert to 36 x 64 x 37mm.

(Admin fixed problem, so picture now included... Note: Picture not included as an error message was returned when uploading a JPG file)

Searching for a bearing with the dimensions show above returned this:https://www.thebigbearingstore.com/dac35640037-atv-double-radial-ball-bearing-35x64x37/

Another option would be to pull the bearing and look to see if there are any ID marks on the bearing. Better yet perhaps include a few photos. Option 2 would be to measure the bearing (ID, OD and Width) and do a search

I couldn't find dimensional info on the other P/N listed in the other threads above.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
So Marcust .. Deere would keep 2 different part numbers for the exact same bearing ( M156019 and M176848) and a customer would get to pay nearly double just because they bought an RSX.
sad but yes sir that is correct. what Deere is good for whit us parts guys is with certain units they will not give us sizes on certain parts and force us to sale a part no matter the price but with some searching we can find ways around that and get parts that match up even if they dont belong to that unit. in example the wheel bearings in question. the one for the RSX gives no sizes when searched through deere but go to a HPX and it uses a different part number after some more searching i found the sizes to that bearing and next to it was the sizes for the wheel bearing on a RSX. thats wat we deal with on a daily basis at Deere dealerships. it just takes a parts man that wants to go that far to help customers out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The industry numbers for the 36x64x37 bearing that we use are DAC36640037 or JRM3637 ..... If you go on Ebay and search ....(John Deere Gator XUV 620i Front Wheel Bearing M156019 M159862) Should come up with the bearing and a seller called Carnell Sales which is same as the Big Bearing Store as mentioned by 200mph. They're shown on sale currently for a price of $25.54 ea. I Just bought one and after I install it I'll post to confirm proper fitment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey I was looking for mirrors for the 860 I have had on order since February from Deere. And While I was on Amazon I saw wheel bearings listed for $37.00

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Added photo to my original posting (#7) in the event it helps anyone in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
The industry numbers for the 36x64x37 bearing that we use are DAC36640037 or JRM3637 ..... If you go on Ebay and search ....(John Deere Gator XUV 620i Front Wheel Bearing M156019 M159862) Should come up with the bearing and a seller called Carnell Sales which is same as the Big Bearing Store as mentioned by 200mph. They're shown on sale currently for a price of $25.54 ea. I Just bought one and after I install it I'll post to confirm proper fitment.[/QUOTE]

Madorsx, how did the bearing work out for you?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for this post. I'm sure I'll need them in the future. We have a place here in the twin cities called gopher bearing and they can get or make bearings as long as you have the specs. If the bearings have any markings on them they might be able to look them up also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have two bearings going bad on mine also. I'd love to know how the Bearing Store bearings fit.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I replaced 2 with the ones from the big bearing store and they worked great. I dont know what grease they are packed with but I used molybar until I pushed it all out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been using the ones from Big Bearing store ( Carnell sales on ebay) for a while now . They fit properly .

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts