John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gator has just rolled over 50 hours and I've noticed that it's starting to make a clunking noise everytime I hit the throttle and I don't remember if its always done that or not I'm just curious if everybody else's does the same

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, when you tap the gas going slow or at a stand still is when mine is making a clink. Not every time if I stand on it only when I'm easy with it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mine is not doing that either. I wonder if that is one of the clutches, cause the CVT is behind your feet under the seats if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm going to check again but if you put it n 4 wheel drive does it do mine did not but going to check again today and c. If I tap and make it jump n 2 wheel drive it does it but if you stand on it it does not. Its coming from under the seat kinda I believe I'll double check again today.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Sounds like the clicking from the engagement of the clutches.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks BATMAN its coming from between the seats below the air box. It almost sounds like a drive shaft hitting or loose when you tap on the gas and it could be the clutch also never had a machine with this power and setup unsure on how everything works yet. It does it n 4 wheel drive also figured that out yesterday.

·
Registered
904 Posts
If you ever got time to tear it down and take the front half of the CVT off and then do it again, then that would show you what it is. I will try out what you are doing on mine when I was it and if mine does it, then it is just a typical CVT thing, if not, it could be a little problem.

·
Registered
163 Posts
After further investigation mine appears to have the clank. It does it when you just tap the throttle pretty hard. It doesn't when you stay in it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Its sounding like yall are hearing the clutches in the CVT engage since it is right under you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts