John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering if anybody has found a full door kit that opens with the door or if anybody has made anything to completely enclose the cab. I am also wondering how to stop the dust from coming in i have a split front windshield a roof and a solid back window I also have the filler plates for the doors

·
Registered
146 Posts
I posted this in the other Gator forum yesterday:

I have a top and full front and rear windshield. I was still experience pretty extreme dust entering the cabin area. I originally thought it was coming from under the passenger seat or through the slight gap between the rear window and the air filter cover. Sealing these areas with weather stripping didn't solve the problem one bit. Thereafter, with a rider, I finally isolated the offending area to the lower portion of the door that leaves a 2" x 8" (approximate) gab between the door and the seating area. I cut out some rubber inserts as a flap and screwed them on the door on both sides of the machine. With this area sealed the noticeable dust in the cab decreased substantially. Thought any fellow dust haters would find this useful.

I will try to get a picture up once I figure out how to do it on my ipad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I've wondered about that gap thanks for the info. I've been talking to my Deere dealer about a fully enclosed cab an he said they are trying to make something they will try an have it out before next winter. I also have a buddy that does some custom fabrication and we are trying to come up with a design for doors that are fully enclosed and sealed to keep the dust out. I just didn't know if anybody else has already made something yet or not

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can't figure out how to upload pictures, but I used a black hard rubber stair tread that I bought at the local Ace Hardware Black Stair Tread, 10-1/2 x 24-In.. I cut the angles on the tread to match the hole and screwed it onto the door. With the way the lip of the tread is rounded, the screw placement allows you to place the screw in such a way that it seals tightly against the machine. Can't even notice anything was added on. If you want, I can send some pics via email or text message, just don't know how to post them on here. My email is [email protected].

Also, in regards to the cab, I installed the Mammoth soft door kit to my machine in December. It doesn't come with any door inserts for the large cut-outs. I made my own. However, this didn't stop the dust. I could

My salesman at the local Deere dealership showed me a cell phone photo of the factory doors that will be released sometime this year. They look pretty nice. The door handle is positioned to the rear of the door like a normal auto style.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum Minshall.

I have not had a bad dust problem with my full front and rear shield and roof. When I take it out on its first good long trail ride I will find out. Glad to see fix it yourself ideas. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts