John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My John Deere Gator will run rough after it gets warmed up, or it will completely stop and sometimes won't restart. I've had it into the dealer and they cannot duplicate. I have replaced the fuel pump with no joy.

Any other ideas as to what can be causing this? It is a gas Kawasaki engine.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Does it have a carb?

·
Registered
81 Posts
This may be a dumb comment, but have you checked the fuel filter, possible the fuel lines getting pinched.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update to those that posted, thank you...It is fuel injection and I checked the fuel line, flow is good.

Keep the ideas coming, i'm sure someone has the answer

·
Registered
81 Posts
Another idea, you may be getting a vapor lock in the fuel causeing it to stall. This could be fixed by possiblly open up the fuel cap. I did read on one of the forums that the fuel cap was updated on newer models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check the fuel cap update lead, thanks.

Sorry I forgot to mention the model it is a 620i It is out on a farm,and gets lots of use picking rock so we need it to run for hours at a time.

Thanks for your help my friends

·
Registered
195 Posts
The 620i have a vent hose from the tank that runs through the battery compartment and exits below, It could be plugged there or hose pinched.

·
Registered
813 Posts
You do a lot of short trips, starting and stopping and probably a good bit of idling. Do you occasionally drive it like you sole it? Really take it out and drive it hard to get the engine breathing hard and get the oil up to full temp for 10 or 15 minutes. It may be that the engine is carboned up and could clean itself out with a hard drive.

Have you removed a spark plug to look at it? If so what did it look like?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think my problem is solved

We wired the fan to run constantly while engine is running, no issues since doing this. Does anyone know if there is a sensor that maybe went bad and tells the fan when to run and when not too? Thermostat somewhere? Anyway bypassing to make the fan run constant seems to solved the problem

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions

·
Registered
195 Posts
The coolant temp sensor is located on the intake manifold, There is also a relay that also controls the fan, It is located up front on the firewall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts