John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the JD Winch Bumper Mount Kit BM26744/5. I have two electrical connection questions.
1. The kit wire harness as a green and black connector that connects to the Gator green/black connector per instructions. No mention is made of the other attached wire harness connector which is yellow yellow black. Does anyone know what that yellow yellow black connector is for and is it okay to leave it unconnected? Also where does the Gator yellow black connector go? This is discussed on page 14 paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the kit manual
2. The winch remote control connector has two black red green wire sets. One set is connected to the winch kit primary harness per page 16 paragraph four at the top of the page. This brings power and control to the remote control harness so the remote control can be used to power the winch. The second black red green set simply branches off from the primary winch remote control harness. Is that for a dash rocker switch if I choose to install it as a second method of operating the winch?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Question 2: Your interpretation of the pigtail as branch for a dash mounted rocker switch is correct.

A picture of the wires and/or copies of your instructions would help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photo one is the main kit wire harness with the two yellow and black connectors pointing to 12: 00. The connector I have a question about is the y/y/b connector. It is not referenced in the instructions.
Photo two shows the instructions referring to the y/b connector. Photo 3 is a simple wiring diagram. The y/y/b connector has a ? highlighted in orange beside it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume the y/b connector on the gator side is simply a hot when switched on connector.

·
Registered
859 Posts
As stated above yellow is switched power on the gator side and black is battery negative (ground).

In the gator wiring diagram, I'm only seeing a yellow & black front power port. I'm going to guess and say plug one of the two yellow/black wires bundles to the yellow-Black on the gator side. The remaining yellow/yellow/black is likely a place to run another accessory from. I bet a simple continuity test between the yellow winch wires will find they are all connect and ditto for the black ones. If this is true, only one of the two yellow/black winch wire bundles is needed. (please note yellow/black = y/b or y/y/b in my statements above)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Running continuity on all the yellows and all the blacks was the first thing I did and they are all interconnected. I was just curious why they had an unreferenced yellow yellow black. And the connector for the y/y/b JOINS the 2 yellows into 1 spade giving that connector one yellow spade and one black spade. It's just strange (to me) that that y/y/b connector is attached to the main winch wire harness and there is nothing in the gator side that matches it. When I get a light bar I will plug that light bar into the y/y/b connector which should give me a hot when switched connection. Then I could run a switch leg back to a rocker switch mounted in the dash ( maybe). I am just wondering if I do connect a light bar to that yyb connector would the light bar simply turn on automatically when I turn the switch on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed a JD hazard flasher/turn signal kit and a JD horn kit in my 825 and agree with 200mph. From what I've seen, accessory wiring harnesses from JD are designed so they don't "use up" the power tap from the main harness. Note that one of the two connectors in question is a female and the other is a male. You plug the appropriate sex connector to the matching connector on the main harness and are left with an unused connector that is a duplicate. This way you can attach additional accessories in the future.

Of course, the yellow/black main harness connector is switched (i.e., powered on with the ignition). Red/black main harness connectors are always on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts