John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a new 2014 Model 625 Gator to be used exclusively on a 325 acre tree farm/hunting support vehicle. Previously used a Kawasaki Mule in similar role, It is clear that the net-type side curtains (faux doors) will be totally useless and have been removed. I have also removed the seat belts and retraction reels.

Question...I would prefer to remove the seat belt buckles that project through the bench seat cushion but fear that to do so on the driver's buckle would short out the warning light and leave it in the on position.

This is a work vehicle not a "go faster" trail machine. Any suggestions as to how to decommission the seat belt warning light would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
One option is to buckle the male seat belt tab into the female and wire tie the assembly up underneath somewhere out of the way without disconnecting any wires. The vehicle would always see the seat belt buckled then.

I don't know how your Gator is wired but if there are only two wires going to the seat belt then it's probably either a normally open or normally closed switch. So, you either keep the wires apart or tie them together to turn off the seat belt indicator.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I maintain my equipment as per factory specs with the goal of maximizing evetual re-sale value...obtained $3,300 on a 1997 Kawasaki Mule. I have removed net "doors" and seatbelts/retractors but will store for future re-installation and want to do the same for the female seat belt buckles. The installation bolts are a big PITA to reach and would prefer not to cut the driver side wiring...any other suggestions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
if i remember right just make u a jumper wire with the right termial ends and put into the plug and that should do the trick i know it works for skid steers and lawn mowers and a few tractors haha

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i remember right just make u a jumper wire with the right termial ends and put into the plug and that should do the trick i know it works for skid steers and lawn mowers and a few tractors haha
Like the idea...please clarify...do I understand that I need a "jumper cable" with terminal ends to match the wires coming into the female belt fixture and them simply connect the two ends of the existing wires?

Shink4

·
Registered
715 Posts
On my JD lawnmowers I use a short (about 1/2"), small gauge (24ga) piece of bare copper wire. I bend the wire into a U shape to fit into the sockets of the female connector so it makes contact with the conductors. Then plug the male and female connectors back together. Or just stick some wire into the female socket and use electrical tape to hold it in place. Another option would be to purchase the connector as a spare part and put the jumper wire in the connector and plug in your jumper connector.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't worry about the seatbelts and any warning light on the display. I rarely ever use the seatbelts and I just ignore the seatbelt warning light. Kinda like my 2015 Silverado 2500 pickup regarding the TPMS warning stuff. I am not going to run the max OEM inflation pressures in the tires when not hauling heavy, so I reduce the pressures for better ride and better control. The TPMS has a fit, but I just dismiss it on the DIC and ignore the warning light. So much nanny stuff going on with vehicles and equipment nowadays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts