John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do people have and does anyone have the upgraded High performance sport seat( black). I am buying a second gator and want to know the main diff between the newer design High performance sport seat 308.00$ upgrade vs the bench seat . I sat in one at the dealer and love the upgraded high performance ones but like the bench seat so 3 people can sit across.With the high performance ones the plastic storage compartment lid on top sits higher than the seat so even if you put a thick blanket over the middle from seat to seat it's hard to straddle bc of the extra height if that makes sense. Please comment / suggestions, feedback thank you very much.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
I got our ours by accident. We order the bucket seats since we do not need to seat three abreast but glad we got the upgraded ones. Nice material, sit well.

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
We like our high backs buckets

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think it partially depends upon your usage. I use mine for mostly utility purposes and for that reason find the bench seat to be ideal. I can slide in and out of it easily and my dog sometimes sits between my wife and myself.

For those who use their Gator for aggressive trail riding with a four point or three point harness, I can envision a quality bucket seat being much better suited.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woukd like some others opinions please and thank you to those who have commented very much

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you deeresales101 ! I am using it to groom snowmobile trails, some trail riding, and most importantly fun with the family. We use the one we bought new in 2002 4x6 diesel on Halloween every year for tricker treating the kids love it. Mainly it will always have 2 if not 3 people in the front and occasionally kids in the back. Thank you

·
Registered
709 Posts
Well if you aren't going to get in and out of the machine a lot, i would do the high back buckets. They are much more comfortable for long rides, but if you were going to be getting out of it quite a bit, its easier to slide side to side on the bench. I will tell you there isnt much room for a 3rd person and depending on what trails you are going on, most DNR's wont allow three people because of only two seatbelts. i took a bench seat 825i to michigan one time and it was pretty comfortable to ride in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can everyone tell us what they have and what they would order the next time around ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought a 2015 year 825i with a bench seat. Tried the standard buckets but did not find them that comfortable. I am about 6' and 185. Also felt the bench seat would give me more flexibility if I wanted to carry a third person or bring along a cooler between the seats, etc. I will be doing mostly riding around the farm, so not a lot of aggressive trail riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you will be riding in them for long periods of time you need the buckets and you don't need a child or another passenger riding on the console because it is not safe. If you are kicking around the ranch then you will be perfectly happy with the bench.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went with the high back sport buckets because they are more comfortable and offer a bit of support on the trail. If they offered a seat that had even more of a wrap around I think it could be even better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving.
I'm a new member and currently shopping for a UTVSXS.
I've narrowed it down to Gator 825i S4 and a Ranger Crew 1000.
On the Ranger, the adjustable driver seat versus fixed bench would be a deal-breaker as my wife can't reach the throttle pedal and remain very well seated (yes, she's a petite little thing). I really like the 825 but she hasn't driven one yet. I keep seeing pictures of upgraded "High Performance" seats which are black, high-back bucket style seats with a small console between them. I've spoken with my local dealer and he seems stumped about it as well. Does anyone know if, 1) the driver's side seat in the HP seats is adjustable and 2) will they work in the front of an S4 (not concerned with the little headrest that mounts on the rack behind the seat. I'm also open to Aftermarket options. Any help or insights would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my father in law is looking to trade his high back set up for a bench so he can have two of his grandkids in the gator with him at the same time. If anyone is up for a trade and in the western indiana area let me know

·
Registered
184 Posts
I operate a 625I Gator to support tree farm activities and taxi services during the hunting season. The bench seat configuration is probably optimal for utility purposes. I installed a "jump" seat in the cargo bed to facilitate extra adults in bulky clothing during the deer season. The Gator has a relatively high transmission "hump" that makes even the bench seat a tight squeeze for 3 adults but has to be better than 3 adults in 2 bucket-style seats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts