John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been asked a hundred times but could not find a answer. I have both seats on my gator where the seat has separeted from the shell .The seat cusions are in perfect shape and I want to reglue them .What should I use for adhesive and what can I use to remove the old glue from the shell ?

Your help would be appreciated

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thank you gator, I have several here at work that are doing that. I will get that to my mechanic ASAP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used 3M Super 77 Adhesive spray and still looking for a adhesive that will fill in the edges which are hard to clamp together. The 3M spray is holding the main cushion to the shell. Mineral spirits;acetone ;paint thinner will not do anything to the existing glue that has hardened and the only way I found to remove it was a deburring tool used in my Die Grinder .The acetone will remove overspray when using the 3M product. Will advise when I find proper adhesive to bond the sides .Tried silicone and construction adhesive but not satisfied with the results:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.