John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been asked a hundred times but could not find a answer. I have both seats on my gator where the seat has separeted from the shell .The seat cusions are in perfect shape and I want to reglue them .What should I use for adhesive and what can I use to remove the old glue from the shell ?

Your help would be appreciated

·
Registered
195 Posts
use 3m trim and uphostery adhesive, You can usually get at car care places or body shops. Try using mineral spirits to get the glue off, Scrape off the big chunks first.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thank you gator, I have several here at work that are doing that. I will get that to my mechanic ASAP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used 3M Super 77 Adhesive spray and still looking for a adhesive that will fill in the edges which are hard to clamp together. The 3M spray is holding the main cushion to the shell. Mineral spirits;acetone ;paint thinner will not do anything to the existing glue that has hardened and the only way I found to remove it was a deburring tool used in my Die Grinder .The acetone will remove overspray when using the 3M product. Will advise when I find proper adhesive to bond the sides .Tried silicone and construction adhesive but not satisfied with the results:mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
You could try 3M's windshield adhesive if you can keep it clamped down long enough for it to dry. It comes in a caulking tube and it sets up like a brick when it drys. Thats what we use on the tractor seats.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been told that Gorrilla glue works great. Even holds your pants together!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts