John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in the market looking for either getting a ProGator or 6x4, and it appears I am settled on the 6x4 tomorrow- I was hoping Brad Hill might have a manual link?

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
Been in the market looking for either getting a ProGator or 6x4, and it appears I am settled on the 6x4 tomorrow- I was hoping Brad Hill might have a manual link?
There are several different “breaks” in the Product Identification Number series or PIN for a 2002. Unlike automobiles the date of Manufacture does not really matter in Deere world. I will place a General link below to a Operators Manual, however without knowing the PIN this link may not be correct ?

The same date of manufacture can span several different ”series” of a PIN (see image below) with little or a lot of change. It is always best to enter the PIN into the appropriate area of the jdparts.com website to ensure you have the correct part for your Gator.

Additionally Deere has strict non compete clauses with nearly all their OEM suppliers, so aftermarket parts are difficult if not impossible to come by for most models.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are several different “breaks” in the Product Identification Number series or PIN for a 2002. Unlike automobiles the date of Manufacture does not really matter in Deere world. I will place a General link below to a Operators Manual, however without knowing the PIN this link may not be correct ?

The same date of manufacture can span several different ”series” of a PIN (see image below) with little or a lot of change. It is always best to enter the PIN into the appropriate area of the jdparts.com website to ensure you have the correct part for your Gator.

Additionally Deere has strict non compete clauses with nearly all their OEM suppliers, so aftermarket parts are difficult if not impossible to come by for most models.

View attachment 14480
THANKS again Brad Hill. I got the machine, very happy so far. very well kept 2001 VG06x4x201115 Hoping I can find the service/repair manual and or IPL. I can underrstand if there are costs, with many different toys/hobbies, some manuals are free, others are like gold hens teeth. I don't know what JD does- but I like to have them.

I need to purchase one new drive chain, the other is brand new- the PO wasn't interested in replacing them in pairs- go figure, garage kept, 440 hours, original tires have tons of tread but showing dry rotted cracking.

Is there a dealer who supports this forum I could give my business to? The local JD dealer is not going to get my patronage, if they were the last one on the planet, and the only dealer to have anything I need. I've had hot rods in every form, cars, boats, motorcycles, chainsaws, but some things I prefer stock and OEM, and my Gators are two of them.....

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
I support Green Farm Parts use discount code GTT or I also support Green Parts Store use code TTWT.

Feel free to share photos

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I’m new here and about to take possession of a believed to be 2002 Gator TX with about 751 hrs in it. The PO has performed pre sale maintenance and I believe it was a softly used machine over it’s same family use. Firstly, I would like to know where to look for an ID number - PIN or VIN?
I’m in this post because it starts out like my needs-sourcing parts and a manual and how to maintain the ride.
when you say the 2005 is a like beast to the years before and after, where is the break in that? Which models can I consider similar models to mine, at what year did they totally rework the innards or such. Thanks for any input.
Sadie10023

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Maybe these links will be of value to the OP.

Manuals can be found here JD Manuals

Illustrated Parts can be found here: ILLUSTRATED PARTS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts