John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RSX850i Trail..problems shifting.. some times when you shift gears it does not want to go into gear completely or does not want to go into gear at all. Then there's the times it sounds like a meat grinder and will not go into gear. Other times you can't get it out of gear without problems. Approx. 250 miles on the unit. Anyone out there have any of these issues? Any ideas on a fix? Next stop a call to the dealer. :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Primary clutch

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is a fairly common issue. If under warranty, take to your dealer as I understand the replacement part is a different # than what comes on the machine?

I was told this by my salesman before the sale so I'm not 100% if he was telling the truth.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Shifting problems

My Trail did the same, it was cured by the dealer with a cable adjustment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same issue....As soon as it got to riding temp. the clutch would stick and could not shift into any gear. Dealer replaced the Primary Clutch and all seems to be fine now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had very similar issues with my RSX Trail, ended up having both the primary and secondary clutch replaced and seems to be working good so far. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts