John Deere Gator Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The best way to clean the clutch’s is to remove them from the machine. In order to the the primary clutch you must remove the dome cover.

Was the belt you swapped new?
Bradhill,

I have removed the secondary clutch to replace the buttons and would like to disassembly it and give it a good cleaning and lube. I haven't had any luck getting the clutch apart, I'm assuming that would be the best way to clean it. Correct? Any help with the procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

·
*In memory and respect- RIP*
4,319 Posts
Bradhill,

I have removed the secondary clutch to replace the buttons and would like to disassembly it and give it a good cleaning and lube. I haven't had any luck getting the clutch apart, I'm assuming that would be the best way to clean it. Correct? Any help with the procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
PM sent

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of your problems, I noticed in your video is that your rigid mount is lose and missing a bolt...That green bar connects the engine to the gear box...When you run with this "cross-Bar" missing the unit slows drastically from vibration. In addition, I am fighting the same thing on my second 2002 JD Gator....I first removed the spark arrestor; picked up a little speed and now changing the muffler. I am however, starting to believe that the clutch is the actual problem too. Pretty sure these "snow mobile" clutches are easy as heck to rebuild....Going to see what I can do, more to follow if I have time...Jeremy / Multiquip / Atlanta...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts