View attachment 14916
For some weeks, I have noticed that when my RSX has been sitting for a week or so, it struggles in a slow manner to crank the engine. Once it fires, if i shut it off, its easy to crank it again.
However, when it is cold and i try to fire it up, I see smoke coming from the battery cables. They get very hot to the point they might burn your skin but so far the cable insulation is still intact. Tried cleaning battery cables and lead terminals on the battery but that didnt work. Had the battery checked and the battery is supposed to be in good shape. Also bought a multimeter and the voltage seems fine and it charges OK according to specs.
The cables that get hot are the ground (black one) and the positive one but not the main red one. Just the smaller gauge red wire that is somehow connected to the positive side.