John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 550 has 18 hrs. on it and blue smoke comes out the exhaust when I de-accelerate. I have carried it to the dealer once at 8 hrs. and was they adjusted the fuel mixture. Said it was running too lean. Still doing the same thing again. The smoking stops once the rpm's increase to a higher number but once you slow down and then speed up more blue smoke. Anyone else having this problem? Mine is a 2012 550 one seater.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!! I have not had this problem on my 550 S4. Hopefully someone will chime in with some answers/suggestions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi wedoweebulldog, I have a gator xuv 550 s4 but I had the same problem my dealer said that the oil was mixing with the gas, and it was my fault for not getting the oil at the right temp. I thought that was stupid but they said it was fixed. The next time I drove it the same thing only this time a loss of power, then all power was gone and it would not move. Turns out it had blown headgaskets, a bad carburetor, bad valves and needed a whole list of other things. The dealer fixed that but now it won't shift at all so it is back in the shop again. I sure hope this helps and good luck with it. I still don't know how all that messed up just driving around feeding horses?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts