John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I purchased the kit from snorkelyouratv last summer not long after I purchased the RSX.
Results?
The original air cleaner was unbelievably dirty after about 10 hours of riding. My opinion..... The air intake is too low and it picks up and amazing amount of dust.
I have put about 50 hours on the unit since the snorkel kit and a new air cleaner was installed. I just changed the air cleaner and was pleasantly surprised that it was very clean! In fact, I really didn't need to even change it.

My advice to all is, if you ride in dusty areas, get a snorkel kit!
They are some stories on this forum about people dusting out an entire engine. The $200 or so for the kit is cheap insurance!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Post these snorkel Pics ..I need a good idea on how to this...What did you do for the exhaust on the belt drive

·
Registered
904 Posts
Please post pics. Deciding about doing it. I have rear shield I might have to modify.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pics please

·
Registered
114 Posts
You guys with snorkels.... The suspense is killing us!!!

Pictures!
Pictures!
Pictures!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just waiting for mine to come in and I promise I'll do a full thread covering the install.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Preciate it. Should help a lot on my install.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Has anyone or is anyone installing this snorkel kit with a rear panel, that is my only problem is I am wondering on how to modify it or get rid of it all together which I do not want to. Might have to go over to a soft version.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Been thinking about how you'd add a snorkel if you had a rear window. Perhaps drill small holes and run the zip ties through them ? It looks like the snorkels are offset enough to not interfere with the window themselves.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I wanna say the rear window is dead over the middle of the air box. I will have to look, but I think that is correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
625i Snorkel Installation

Okay, so a little background first:
We have a JD Gator 625i, stock from the manufacturer. This thing is awesome. We take it up to West VA to the Hatfield McCoy trails and go riding and it does great, but as a lot of folks have mentioned it really needs to be snorkeled. The air intakes sit almost on the floorboards, so if you go through any mud that washes over the floorboards you risk getting some moisture in the pipes. I'm not the most technical ATV guy, but I'm guessing one of them is the clutch breather and the other is the engine air intake.
Anyways, I see where you guys did some awesome work putting kits on the 850i, but the 625 has a different layout. I also checked out snorkelyouratv.com and they don't have a kit for that model. So, a few questions for anyone who is famliar with this:
Short of going schedule 40 for all the piping, is there any flexible hose or pipe that can be used? The (clutch breather?) looks to be 2", while the engine air intake? is about 3 inches, but that one is rubber and not plastic. I'm just not totally sure what supplies we could use to connect into those existing lines and run them up a few feet. Also, if you reduce the size of the intake don't you also reduce performance of the engine? For example, if I reduced the 3" line down to 2" and ran it up would it drop the horsepower?
We're pretty handy but we've never worked on ATVs before so any advice you can give is appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would be curious which trails you drove on and did which level of difficulty did you drive. I have seen some videos and seem to have water holes in the trails but they do not look that deep (no more than 1 ft). I guess my dream is to ride the H&M Trails some day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
here is one fro sidebysidestuff

We installed one of these at our dealership. The machine that we installed it on had a rear poly window that had to be trimmed out. also the top air box had to be cut and sealed with silicon which makes checking or changing air filter a bit tricky.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Snorkel kit

I live in south Louisiana with flooded rice fields for crawfish ponds. Need a snorkel kit for my 825i. Is the a vender out there tha sales them

1 - 20 of 42 Posts