John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Look guys I won a gator 825i gas a few months back from my seed dealer. I thinking about snorkeling it so I can actually go ride with my buddies. I ve been using it on the farm and I farm rice and crawfish and the air boxes on the belt and air intake for the engine is way to low for me. Not to mention that if I go ride trails there is always that possibility of hitting that one hole and the water comes up to the seat. I keep hearing you also need to water proof your starter and alternator. The starter isn't hard to water proof but I m wondering of the alternator. Also is there anything else that would have to be snorkeled beside air intake, belt intake, belt exhaust, both differentials. Is there a transmission intake or breather? I just order a lift for it and was also wondering what size terminators I could put on it without any spacers. The bike has plenty of power and I m fabricating a skid plate for the front for more protection from stumps. I use it daily and I like the power and I ve already put 1400 pounds in the bed and it handled it great.

·
Super Moderator
3,351 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes you can snorkel the 825. Others that have done this will chime in. Be sure to add fuel vent to the list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks yes I haven't forgot about the fuel cap. My buddy actually got water in his fuel on his Polaris this weekend. I will try to post pictures later.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
you can run 29.5 terms if u want. mainly when you snorkel your do air intake, front diff, rear diff, intake and exhaust side of CVT and fuel tank no need to really seal up anything else just make damn sure everything is sealed up tight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts