John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a snow blade that works well on the RSX? I have a 2016 RSX860i and would like to push snow off my driveway. Thanks, Glenn

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,028 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend

That is a great setup!

On edit: Is this the hydraulic lift, if so is there down pressure on the blade?

·
Registered
36 Posts
No down pressure. I do have posted pics on here in the Rsx topics

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks sweet! What brand and was it difficult to install? Does it work well and how expensive? I see there might be an issue with down pressure, not sure what that's about. Thanks. I live in Oregon, sometimes we get big snow up to 36" other times not much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's a Boss plow. With a power"V". It's heavy enough that no down psi is needed. To mount was a task. The mount plate is for a JD 550-590. This is because the 550 doesn't use the same front bumper (chassis is the same). I have to remove an install my front bumper to mount the plate for the season. Cost was around $2000 well worth it to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info. It looks like your Boss setup has hydraulic control, I think I see a pump under that black cover. What a nice outfit!

They claim the RSX860 will go 60mph, I have not been over 25mph with mine (I only has 30 miles on the odometer). How fast have you gone?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes plow is full hydraulic. I also run a extra battery when I plow. Sits on the passenger floorboard with cables connected to OEM battery.
Yes it's maxed out all the time a trail rides. (62 mph). On slow technical trails or yard work and plowing snow I use low gear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is so cool, 62mph...Wow!! Around here most people use Polaris machines, I wanted to be different and I've long been a John Deere fan so I got the RSX860i .... It's a great blend of sport and utility. I got the trail model with winch, then added split windshield, back glass and top as well as the sport steering wheel. I've been too busy lately but I need to get'er out on the trails and stretch her legs!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't say for sure if it works well or not yet, haven't had enough snow to try it out. But just installed this 66" DENALI on our RSX 860. It works with the 2" receiver hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I had seen this two weeks ago. Had to do a whole mount plate underneath mine to do the same Denali plow. It works but it was a pain to get together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts