John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching online for a 72 inch snow plow, for my XUV 835m. Hydraulic models are more money then I want to spend. It appears most plows attach using the 2 inch receiver. I have plowed many years with my Honda Rubicon, and have learned there is a lot of torque on the mount if you hit something with the end of the plow. My concern is the 2 inch receiver won't be able to take the abuse. I would prefer a mounting plate that transfers the torque to the frame. The only plow I have found with a frame attached mounting plate is a KFI. I like the design of the Denali better, but it only shows the 2 inch receiver mount on their web page. Any input would be helpful.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the 2 inch receiver setup on mine and it has been okay last winter and the one time I used it this year. But I think you can get the frame mount, give the company a call they are very easy to work with. I talked to them several times before purchasing.

https://www.amazon.com/inch-DENALI-UTV-Snow-Plow/dp/B00NRG1AUI/ref=sr_1_11?crid=23DS3Y8N4I880&keywords=denali+snow+plow&qid=1577054641&sprefix=denali+snow+,aps,172&sr=8-11

The above link looks like my plow, and they have a frame mount, I know the link is for an older gator. I just didn't want to leave the mount on my gator after the season was over. (I know I could of taken it off, but the receiver hitch works for me.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just talked to the people at Moto Alliance. The mount for the 2 inch receiver is all they sell for the XUV 835. For me this was a deal breaker. KFI has the mount I want, so I purchased a KFI Poly Plow, from a local dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try to post pictures. I know how to import pictures, I do not know how to drag and drop pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a rsx860m and that’s what they recommend for mine is the 2” receiver. I didn’t like that set up.
I just purchased a Eagle plow from american mfg. and it’s a solid plate that bolts to front and underneath. Is solid and the blade is well made too, just my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts