John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a SnowDogg Mut 72" plow installed on my 2022 xuv 590m. I have used it once and it worked fine. I am now wondering if it is too heavy for the suspension. Has anyone else had one of these on an xuv? I know the plow dealer very well and am sure I could return it if I need to.

· Registered
70 Posts
I have a XUV590M and a JD 3046R that I plow with. You do not need to return it. You are limited by the weight of the Gator (the same way I am with the tractor), so you probably will not be able to do full passes when the snow is heavy.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. It's not pushing snow that concerns me. It's the weight of the plow and mount which is about 400 pounds. I believe it's too much weight on the front end for this size gator.

· Registered
70 Posts
Thank you for the reply. It's not pushing snow that concerns me. It's the weight of the plow and mount which is about 400 pounds. I believe it's too much weight on the front end for this size gator.
Yes understand your point on that, while the back bed is rated for I believe for 500 lbs, with the same shocks/coils as the front It also depends on how you are attaching it. Is the plow winch operated? Even if you got a lighter plow, I would still be concerned about it being 72 inches wide, that is a lot of snow to push for a light weight Gator, unless you are delicate about it.

· Registered
2,936 Posts
For some Gators they offered shock assemblies with higher rate springs to help keep front end height in check when using a snowplow. Not certain if they are offered for your model or if they are still available.

It would take some research, but one could replace the springs with higher rate ones. You'll be pioneering a solution if you go this route.

Keep us posted on what you do.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I decided to return the plow. I'm going to look for something lighter that is winch operated. I did use it once and it worked fine but it was a lot of weight on the front end and the last thing I wanted to do is break something on my new Gator. If I had a bigger Gator the SnowDogg would have been great and I would recommend it for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts