John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone happen to know what the spark plug gap is on a 2012 JD XUV 550, think it is the Kawasaki motor. Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Bought this XUV 550 in May 2012 and have had to put plugs in it twice already. Runs like crap in the winter months so hinders my snow plowing. I am not real impressed with this John Deere. Had a Kawasaki mule I traded in for this and kind of wish I had that back right now. Never had a problem with that. John Deere is really not holding up to its reputation far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Have you contacted your dealer to see if there is a problem? That had a year warranty so your dealer should have been able to fix it when you started having problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer

In the winter of 12-13 it did the same thing and I took it up to the dealer who changed the plugs and oil then it ran fine till this winter again. I have a small engine mechanic I am friends with that is going to take a look at it and see what he can figure out. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it back today, runs like a champ so far. Mechanic said the dealer had put too much oil in it, he changed the spark plugs and cleaned the carb. It is a B&S engine.

·
Registered
483 Posts
So too much oil (foaming?) caused fouling of the plug but also needed a carb clean?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts