1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Curious... What is your motivation?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It might be wise if you terminate one of your threads and consolidate the information there. You might be able to delete post by clicking on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand of the original post.

I'm guessing the tracks and additional ground friction will result in being horsepower limited and not RPM limited.

Have you tried the tracks yet to see what the actual top speed is? Might have to use a gps or similar to get a true indication unless the dash speedo is programmable for the tracks.

Tracks always looked like fun in the mud and snow. Enjoy!!!

Reactions: MBDiagMan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The real speed on wheels are 47 mph
The real speed on track is 26 mph

Honestly i would like de same speed on track by adding what is needed beacause 26 mph is not really fast it will be fun to get the same speed

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
The real speed on wheels are 47 mph
The real speed on track is 26 mph

Honestly i would like de same speed on track by adding what is needed beacause 26 mph is not really fast it will be fun to get the same speed
The limiter is a function of the ECU, with tracks you will never be able to achieve the speed you desire.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Also the tracks are not designed for high speed, nor is your suspension for high side torque. You have vastly more mass on your hubs. I had a lot of experience with tracks in Antarctica. I could go up to 45mph in my Thiokol Spryte but you very seldom did due to conditions on the sea ice. Throwing a track in the middle of nowhere at -60 degrees isn't fun.

·
Registered
655 Posts
All of these responses are correct. The tracks soak up LOTS of power. You just don’t have enough power to overcome the extreme increase in rotating mass. Laws of physics are involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts