John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
For what people have told me we have zero options to remove it but u can put a clutch exhaust and power commander to get to 55 faster

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
What is your current top speed and how much higher do you want to go?

Model?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
How fast do you want to go? This will dictate the extent of modifications necessary to achieve.

The only way to increase speed is to increase engine RPM. Typically a small increase is possible, but anything worthwhile of a difference will likely require different valve springs at a minimum.

There are much faster XUV's out there, so it would have been wise to shop around before purchasing a Gator. Aftermarket support is minimal on the Green ones.

Reactions: MBDiagMan

·
Registered
655 Posts
What model do you have? There are some models that are very easily modified for a little more top speed.

Without knowing exactly which model I can’t help.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Presently 71 kmh on jd 835r 2020
That’s 44MPH which is faster than several other models. With the 835 being a newer model, we haven‘t gotten much feedback on my 835 modifications, but the clutch is virtually the same as an 825, and we have successfully modified probably a hundred of them and reconditioned many hundreds of them.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
In another post the op wants to add tracks and achieve same top speed as with tires.

Curious... How much can top speed be increased by altering clutch only? I can see the rate of acceleration modifiable, but an increase in top speed seems minimal at best (minimal <4 mph increase)

·
Registered
655 Posts
How fast do you want to go? This will dictate the extent of modifications necessary to achieve.

The only way to increase speed is to increase engine RPM. Typically a small increase is possible, but anything worthwhile of a difference will likely require different valve springs at a minimum.

There are much faster XUV's out there, so it would have been wise to shop around before purchasing a Gator. Aftermarket support is minimal on the Green ones.
Although it is correct that the top speed is limited based on engine RPM rather than vehicle speed, there is a little extra top speed available through clutch modification.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
MBDiagMan

Can you quantify “a little extra top end”? Is this 10%, 20% more or what? Thinking his top speed is 44 mph, so will the clutch mod alone take it to 48.4 mph (10% more)?

I can understand it might be possible to get the belt to travel a small bit higher on the primary and a bit lower on the secondary, but don’t see it being more than 5% increase.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I’ve seen my mod add as much as 4MPH, but it takes a little bit of a straightaway after it reaches 44 to gain the extra speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts