John Deere Gator Forums banner

Sport or trail?

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  marcust90 
#1 ·
Is the shock upgrade worth the $1,700 price difference between models?

Any complaints with the regular shocks?

Trying to narrow my choices down a little more...

#2 ·
Couldn't really tell you if the difference is worth it or not. I've never ridden on a sport. However the base model shocks are still Fox podiums, which is what I have. The ride is great. I don't see how the suspension can be that much different.

#3 ·
Well the price difference between packages, is not only the shocks, but the different bumper, less winch, and the Sport steering wheel (which is SOO much better than the stock one).

Just the shocks alone, list price are $1802. The shocks are nice if you need to continually adjust for riding conditions. The Fox Podium Shocks (on the Trail Pkg) are a pretty nice shock and have not given me any issues to date.

#4 ·
The sport steering wheel is pretty nice. It's on my many list of upgrades

#5 ·
Although I seem to have been quoted a good price on the Trail model OTD, I'm tempted to attempt to try and build a base model on deeres website w the shocks, seats, steering wheel, and maybe a bumper..... I just keep telling myself I want those sport shocks although I'll probably never need them....

#6 ·
The base models have potential. They come already with fox suspension. The only downside is they have the lawnmower like seats.

#7 ·
What about the roof and two piece/tilting windshield from Deere?

Everyone agree those are worth getting from the factory?

I've got a green/yellow trail w roof and windshield priced @ 13,900 tax exempt OTD.... How's that sound to everyone here?

#9 ·
Wow! How did you manage tax exempt?

I personally have a half windshield, roof, and rear poly panel. The Rear Panel does a pretty good job keeping heat and dust out of the operator station. I like the half windshield cause it deflects wind/dirt/bugs/water out of the cab vs a full windshield with the flip out top section.

#11 ·
Was told I can use the family farm exemption towards it...?

I may try to deprive a base model with the seats, steering wheel, and wheel tire combo and see what that does price wise.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

#10 ·
The full windshield is nice. But I've only used the top portion on dog drives with my brother during the winter. The bottom piece i broke the brackets on a few weeks back whenever I hit a tree limb. Kolpin has a half windshield for 70 bucks. Probably gonna be what I replace mine with if I can't fix my other one. 13,900 is about what mine cost.

#13 ·
The full windshield is worth it. I use the full shield during the colder months and sometimes on dusty rides, then I pull the top part off for warmer months. I like Deere's front full shield cause it does not scratch easy. The sport steering wheel is worth it and the seats are also. The shocks are a toss up, some people say they are worth it some don't. I like the sport bumper personally. I installed my own winch and lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

#14 ·
The full windshield is worth it. I use the full shield during the colder months and sometimes on dusty rides, then I pull the top part off for warmer months. I like Deere's front full shield cause it does not scratch easy. The sport steering wheel is worth it and the seats are also. The shocks are a toss up, some people say they are worth it some don't. I like the sport bumper personally. I installed my own winch and lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Off-Road Forums mobile app
i agree with batman i have riden both when i was demoing i couldnt tell a big difference and yes btw Batman i finally sold the rincon and bought me a '12 RSX sport green and yellow haha so im truly in the club now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.