John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the Deere dealer today to buy an air filter for the Gator in preparations for my snorkel which should be in Wednesday, and they had a sport sitting out front. I looked at it a little bit and I knew the steering wheels were different but never really paid too much attention to them until today. I really liked it. The steering wheel in the Trails look just like the one on the Deere lawnmower I have so I decided to upgrade. Anybody know where I can find the sport steering wheel ? I wanted to order one today but the salesman was busy and the young boy behind the counter didn't even know what an RSX was and barely found an air filter for me so I didn't bother asking. Think I'll have to buy one from Deere or perhaps I can find one online ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you have power steering? I wouldn't spend the extra money on the sport steering wheel which I believe is around $300. I just don't see that it can make that much difference and power steering has made a world of difference for me.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I put a sport steering wheel on my Trail RSX and i love it! It is a MUCH more comfortable steering wheel. You can get them thru parts. It's Part # BM23933. I got in one the other day with the standard steering wheel and hated it. I would say its worth the money. It lists for $203. Just be ready to cuss it out tho when you go to take the old steering wheel off.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I like the sport steering wheel. More comfy than stock.

DeereSales101, are you saying I am going to cuss it when I install the power steering? LoL!!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
If your steering wheel is factory, then you very well might. I know i had two ratchet straps to the spokes of my standard steering wheel and beating the steering shaft with a hammer, and it didnt budge. i was surprised that no one lost an eye! It seems that the robots make sure that NO ONE can get the steering wheel off!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Dragonfire sells aftermarket steering wheels for 99$ for rsx. I thought about only upgrading the seats and buying a wheel after market but I got both from the factory instead of messing with it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest I want the sport steering wheel because I think it looks better. The chrome deer in the middle makes it for me. I expected to pay around 200 bucks for the new steering wheel so I don't guess it's all that bad. I may wait and add power steering at the same time, while I already have the steering wheel off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Will need a large rubber mallet and a lot of swinging power to remove!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is starting to sound like it might be a bit of a chore.

·
Registered
904 Posts
LoL!!!!!! Sounding like a hard chore, LOL!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts