John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I posted on this forum, figured it was time to post a few pictures up. A few weeks ago my friends and I went riding at St. Stephens historical park in Washington County Alabama. Great place to ride if you're in the area look them up on Facebook. They have a few rides every year and all the proceeds are used to keep up the trails since the state cut the funding. I have a snorkel kit coming in and a big ride coming up in a few weeks, I'll be sure to post of some pictures of that when the time comes.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Was the ride a little muddy, LOL!!!!! Looks like fun.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't let the pictures fool you, there was a lot of trail riding. I just enjoy the mud pits a combination of that ,the Silverbacks, and my love of performing for a crowd are the reason the Deeres painted a few different shades of brown. She's clean now though and I'm ready to get back into riding now that the weathers acting right.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How deep can a guy go in a stock 825?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never seen a stock 825 besides off the showroom
floor so I really don't know. If you plan on mud riding at all the safest bet is to snorkel it anyway, I've been in plenty of mud holes where it doesn't look that deep but all of a sudden your front end dives under water without warning.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've never seen a stock 825 besides off the showroom
floor so I really don't know. If you plan on mud riding at all the safest bet is to snorkel it anyway, I've been in plenty of mud holes where it doesn't look that deep but all of a sudden your front end dives under water without warning.
That would be a good idea. I'll just be trail riding is all, with a mud hole/mud puddle here and there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It still may be worth snorkeling. I'm not sure about the 825, but I know the 850 is a heckuva machine but there are certain things that weren't thought through when they engineered it. For instance, the vent lines are actually open and tucked level with the skid plate, and the location of the air filter makes it easy to pick up a lot of dust and sand. Snorkeling fixes that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It still may be worth snorkeling. I'm not sure about the 825, but I know the 850 is a heckuva machine but there are certain things that weren't thought through when they engineered it. For instance, the vent lines are actually open and tucked level with the skid plate, and the location of the air filter makes it easy to pick up a lot of dust and sand. Snorkeling fixes that.
On an 825 the filter is under the passenger seat it sucks in air I believe under the drivers seat. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to put a snorkel kit on it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snorkeling is always good preventative maintenance. I hope I get enough pictures while installing mine to do a good walk through. I've yet to see one online, I suppose I'll be the first.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Snorkeling is always good preventative maintenance. I hope I get enough pictures while installing mine to do a good walk through. I've yet to see one online, I suppose I'll be the first.
I for one would greatly appreciate it. I like to see how other people do thier installs before I tackle it myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That would be great!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I for one would greatly appreciate it. I like to see how other people do thier installs before I tackle it myself.
That would be great!
X3, I would like to see good pics and a write up before I tackled it also. I think I would be fine, but there is always that one little fine detail that catches you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know exactly what you mean. It helps to have somebody else who has already done it before. Lack of previous instruction is why I ordered a kit instead of tackling the job myself.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I know I can do it myself, but there is a couple things that the snorkel companies can get there hands on that I cant. Plus by the time you do all your running around and possibly redo it, you can just buy a kit and be done with it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trust me. I know all about how expensive and hectic "cheap" custom jobs can be. I've snorkeled a quite a few 4wheelers before. But never anything like the Gator. I figured I needed all the help I could get.

·
Registered
904 Posts
LoL!!!!! I have done a few RZRs. Hell when I used to do a lot of ATV/SxS work, I always used a premade snorkel, mainly Triangle ATV.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't made a custom snorkel since what I can only refer to as an Arctic Cat abortion a summer ago. Since then the only snorkel jobs I've done have been premade kits or touch up jobs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Get my Gator dirty I don't think so!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts