John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK first time working on a gator 6x4. model# W006X4X018480 , ENGINE KAWASAKI # E/NO FD620D085283
From what I have found out it is a 1996 . Starter relay is bad found a wire with outside coating melted off om plug side. Was told I could switch out relay with a new relay switch kit. Was told this would help with starting? The kit # is AM107421. Called John Deere dealer ( parts dept,) was told this was a part for a garden tractor. Will this work on my 6x4?

·
Administrator
3,772 Posts
OK first time working on a gator 6x4. model# W006X4X018480 , ENGINE KAWASAKI # E/NO FD620D085283
From what I have found out it is a 1996 . Starter relay is bad found a wire with outside coating melted off om plug side. Was told I could switch out relay with a new relay switch kit. Was told this would help with starting? The kit # is AM107421. Called John Deere dealer ( parts dept,) was told this was a part for a garden tractor. Will this work on my 6x4?
Go to partscatalog.deere.com plug in your PIN ( W006X4X018480 )

Your should see all parts for your Gator.

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
It’s hard to tell if it will be plug and play, but adding a relay should work in concept. It’s simply a way to get more current carrying capability versus going through the switch circuit.

Plug and play: don’t know if wire terminals will match

Reactions: eyeboltman
1 - 4 of 4 Posts