John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just picked up my first Gator. Not sure of the year, was told it was a 2010. It's a 625 EFI It starts perfectly however It doesn't move 馃槄. I put it in gear and press the gas and it does nothing. It doesn't try to move or anything. Any Ideas where to start? I'm clue less.

Registered
Hi guys, just picked up my first Gator. Not sure of the year, was told it was a 2010. It's a 625 EFI It starts perfectly however It doesn't move 馃槄. I put it in gear and press the gas and it does nothing. It doesn't try to move or anything. Any Ideas where to start? I'm clue less.
You DID test drive it, right? If not, then you may have a problem. Call the folks you bought it from and ask if there鈥檚 a trick you need to know.

Registered
Does it have a drive belt?

Takes a good bit of rpm to engage clutch. If you鈥檙e not familiar with CVT the RPMs to get moving will seem strange.

Did you test drive it before buying?

Verify shift linkage at trans in moving.

Stuck clutch?

Registered
Might start by taking off any plastic covers surrounding CVT system. Visually inspect for proper operation.

Make certain shift mechanism at transaxle moves (the shaft and not just the lever)

Report back either what you find

Reactions: jd772 and MBDiagMan

Super Moderator
Yes, remove the belt cover and see if it is turning both clutches when it is in neutral. If it does then put it on jacks safely so you can see if it will cause the back wheels to turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts